Sims 4 Desktop PC Buyers Guide

by DropEmSimoleons

Original Post

Sims 4 Desktop PC Buyers Guide

★★ Novice

Hello I've just started getting into gaming on pc I grew up playing PlayStation the main game for and what I'm really here is sims 4. I don't feel like I need a big budget because I'm not really a huge gamer as of right now I don't consider myself that I¸a play a lot of different games but specific games. I currently play the sims 4 on my mac book pro the older model intel i7 I don't know much about computers like that I want a desktop I thought about building it but I get different opinions that its better for specs but others say unnecessary I'm confused. I download a * ton of mods and cc. I feel I need to mention this cause others to say it matters. another thing I hate how I cant does multiple things on my mac if I have the game running I can't use chrome or anything its freezes a lot as well. if not it's okay but if whats recommended is also good to play other pc games that would be ideal. 

this was recommended on another post just wondering

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-3600-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5...

also, my sister was referring me to pcpartpicker.com

Message 1 of 2 (274 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Desktop PC Buyers Guide

@DropEmSimoleons  That desktop is still a very good choice for Sims 4; I didn't see anything equal or better for the same price.  The RX 580 will handle the entire game, all packs included, on ultra graphics settings, with some room to accommodate custom content that's more demanding to render than EA-made items.  (Not all cc is more demanding, but a lot of it is.)  The processor is also quite overpowered for Sims 4, which is a good thing—if you need to upgrade the graphics card in a few years, you can do so without worrying about whether the processor will be able to keep up.

In this price range, buying the parts to build your own PC would likely cost more than getting a prebuilt computer, not to mention the extra work of actually building it.  The same components in the computer you linked (including a Windows 10 key) would cost $682 right now, according to PCPartPicker, but that's with the very lowest bargain-basement parts in each category at the cheapest available prices.  If you were trying to build a good computer that would hold up over time, you'd want to spend at least $40 more each on the motherboard and power supply, just to start.

The times when it's better to build your own computer are when you want to, because you'd like to learn; and when you want certain high-end components that you'd be unlikely to find in a prebuild, or even in a custom build.  For example, you might want the most reliable, and expensive, hard drives, and buying them yourself might mean a markup of 50% rather than 100% from a custom build company.  Or you might want an overclocked version of a given graphics card, which might cost $50 extra rather than $150 in a custom build.

If you'd like to build your own computer as a project, I'd be happy to help you pick out the components.  Otherwise, the Cyberpower you found is a good option.  In case you want to see other options though, these two both have a significantly faster graphics card than the one you're considering.  The first has a stronger processor for gaming too; the second one has 16 GB memory.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i5-9600kf-8gb-nvidi...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1558988-REG/cyberpowerpc_gma9020cpg_gamer_master_ryzen_5.html

You could of course add more RAM to any of these, although 16 GB is enough for anyone's casual use.  And if you're not ready to buy right now, check back when you are—prices change rapidly, often from one day to the next, as sales end and stock turns over.

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (245 Views)