Re: Sims 4 Cats and dOGS

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Cats and dOGS

★ Novice

Hi, i want to purchase sims 4 cats and dogs off cdkeys.com as it is a lot cheaper however it says PC version so i was wondering if this will still work the same on mac?

Message 1 of 3 (358 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @SimsGamer12467 @PugLove888,

As PugLove888 explains, in general, PC versions of games won't work on a Mac, or viceversa, as games are not usually available in both platforms. However, The Sims 4 is a bit special in that sense because it has been released for both systems through Origin. What does that mean? Once you redeem a code for The Sims 4 or its packs in Origin, you can download it both on Mac or PC. Standard smile

To know which Origin games are available in both Windows and Mac, please, check game information page in Origin website. For example, for The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs:

Windows&Mac.png

However, please, read this article before purchasing the game, as you can find here a list of EA trusted retailers and some useful information: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#trusted

Enjoy! Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (357 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SimsGamer12467, I doubt it, unfortunately!  As far as I know PC items only work on PCs, and Mac items only work on Macs.  I'm sorry! Frown

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (347 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @SimsGamer12467 @PugLove888,

As PugLove888 explains, in general, PC versions of games won't work on a Mac, or viceversa, as games are not usually available in both platforms. However, The Sims 4 is a bit special in that sense because it has been released for both systems through Origin. What does that mean? Once you redeem a code for The Sims 4 or its packs in Origin, you can download it both on Mac or PC. Standard smile

To know which Origin games are available in both Windows and Mac, please, check game information page in Origin website. For example, for The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs:

Windows&Mac.png

However, please, read this article before purchasing the game, as you can find here a list of EA trusted retailers and some useful information: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/#trusted

Enjoy! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 3 of 3 (358 Views)