Re: Sims 4: Cats and Dogs - Strays

by Trismagistos

Original Post

Sims 4: Cats and Dogs - Strays

★★★★★ Newbie

I've found quite a few stray cats and dogs that are sick but there is no option to bring them to the vet for care.  I've even tried using my own vet equipment with a vet skill of 6 and there is no option to be able to exam the animal.  Why is this?

I was able to finally find a work around and that is to buy the wellness vet treat (I think that's what it's called) and give it to the stray.  That does seem to work for a little bit.  But if my SIM does not want to adopt every sick cat or dog it comes across is this really the only option?

I love what you guys have done for the cat and dog animations and things they can do with this version.  Hope you can add something for us to help the sick strays.

Message 1 of 10 (4,684 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@RareAle 

You can not take a pet to the vet that are not in your household.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (4,633 Views)

★★★ Expert

@RareAle The Wellness treats are the only way that I know of outside of 3rd-party mods. If you are interested in more details on those, please check out this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Most-NPC-and-Stray-Pets-Sick/m-p/8753531#M2343...

Message 3 of 10 (4,603 Views)

Champion
@RandomBuzziness I have used one of these mods but found it to glitchy. The other MCCC works a little better but doesn't do the trick completely.

I still think that EA should be a bit more stray animal friendly. It is okay to have some animal sickness but now it seems all the strays are sick.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 10 (4,542 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Trismagistos I 100% agree that Sims 4 should be much friendlier to NPC cats and dogs. I'm sorry to hear the mods are causing problems for you. I use a mod from Little Ms Sam and I never see any sick stray cats and dogs or NPC-owned pets in my game except for at a Vet clinic. The animals might still get dirty but only if by doing something after they have spawned. They won't spawn hungry although I can still give them treats if I wish as a friendly interaction. I do use MCCC but I don't have any modules that affect pet sickness (at least not that I am aware of). Do you think there might be some kind of mod conflict going on there?

Message 5 of 10 (4,531 Views)

Champion
@RandomBuzziness I have also used Little Ms Sam and i think this mod is okay for the most part but like you said the cats and dogs can still look somewhat dirty. I had all the mods of Little Ms Sam. Not all were to my liking and some of them were very glitchy or did not work with some of the newer game updates. I just put them all aside to sort them out on a later date but that date did not arrive yet.

When i use MCCC i just make the animals happy whenever i see one and that suits me fine. But i still, like you, think the percentage of sick animals could be brought down to, let's say max 20%.

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 10 (4,505 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Trismagistos Oh heck yeah, LMS has over 200 mods and I only use like 6 of them. I keep them updated after any new game patch, just like I do for all of my other mods, and I've never had any problems with any of them. That's a great idea for using MCCC that way!
Message 7 of 10 (4,492 Views)

Champion
@RandomBuzziness Keeping my mods updated after every game patch has almost grown into a day job Wink

Let op:

Message 8 of 10 (4,468 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well I have to say this as "normal game play" stinks.  I was a vet tech for a couple of years and it's in my nature to help sick animals!  I would love to be able to take care of strays in the vet clinic if a SIM brings it in.  Do donation drives to pay for the care.  Have an adoption center.  The whole shebang.  Hope EA reads these.

Thanks you guys for feedback.  I was really hoping for a better solution, off to check out some of the mods.

Message 9 of 10 (4,396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@RareAle Yeah I 100% agree the current situation stinks. I lost three pets irl last year and I'm in no mood to see suffering animals in Sims 4, not counting at a Vet Clinic where at least you have an effective way to help them. Unless this is fixed in some future game patch the Wellness treats and mods are all we have for a remedy.

I can't post links to mod sites here but you should have no problems finding LittleMsSam's Mods page. The mod I use is called No Sick, Dirty, Sad and Hungry Cats & Dogs (NPCs). It's a very small (20 kb) and simple mod that only does this one thing. For the most part it does not require any in-game menu commands, you just place it in your Sims 4 Mods folder and it works autonomously. A detailed description is available on the LMS download page. This mod will not affect any sick animal patients at a Vet Clinic if you are playing one of those in your game. Your household pets may still get sick during normal game-play and this mod will not affect that either.

LittleMsSam is very good about posting mod statuses and updates after each Sims 4 Game Patch so patch days are no real chore for me. There are a few other pet-related mods available there that you might also be interested in checking out, including an anti-fear training mod that allows you to train cats and dogs to no longer fear stereos, TV's, computers, etc. It drives me crazy to have a large pet dog spend half of it's day whimpering in fear over every electronic device my Sim uses! The mod will allow you to train them out of those fears over time.

MCCC is a massive mod that does many cool things. The MC Command Center .package and .ts4script files combined are over 1 MB and that's not counting any of the add-on modules. I love using this mod in other ways but it is definitely over-kill if all you are looking for is no more sick stray animals. Plus apparently you would have to manually click on each stray pet you want to fix. Tbh I have never tried using it this way as I no longer even see sick stray animals in my game because of the LMS mod.

Btw- I use both of these mods and they do not conflict so that's also an option.

Good luck, I hope this helps!

Message 10 of 10 (4,373 Views)