Re: Sims 4 Can you change pictures when you upload a house?

by SimsOnlineCom

Original Post

Sims 4 Can you change pictures when you upload a house?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

When I upload a house 4 pictures popped up for my house and the main picture just happeded to be a side view. Is there a way to take your own pictures and post them instead? I know how to take the pictures, it just won't let me switch them when I start to post the house. I'm building in an empty lot, and there is no family in this lot if that matters at all.

Message 1 of 8 (26,271 Views)

Hero

You can only use the pictures it suggests (for the moment anyways) but you should be able to retake them if you don't like the way it's displayed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (26,246 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My issue is that I have created my dream lot and the first picture when I save to my library is a bunch of boulders rather than the house.  The other pictures are fine but the main one is just a huge rock.  It has only happened with this lot in Oasis Springs.  Is there any solution to this?

Message 3 of 8 (26,204 Views)

Hero

I don't know if there's much you can do. 

Someone has reported something similar as a bug here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Gallery-bug-when-saving-my-lot/td-p/3510507

You might wanna add your voice there. Pics are great too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (26,196 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem.  I managed to get a better picture by moving the build to another lot.  Not ideal but it helped me get a half-decent picture.

Message 5 of 8 (26,022 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Yes you can, L'UniverSims made a application to change the pictures if you like Standard smile More information here.

Message 6 of 8 (25,247 Views)

★ Apprentice

I clicked on the link for L'Univers and it is no longer there. Frown

Message 7 of 8 (20,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mntuniman 
If this is not a bug, or if any of this is helpful for your future reference... following are a few things I have learned/do in regards to my own uploads. I do not use Mods or CC, so this is how I work within the game's functionality/parameters:

(Also, I would assume the boulders you saw in your main screenshot were boulders that are on the lot or the adjacent lot and that the screenshot is being taken from a direction that is considered the 'street/main view' for the lot but not the side of the lot that you have built as the 'street/main view'. Unfortunately the game decides what is the 'street/main view' for each lot, and you will get used to how you can tell what view it will use. You cannot change the direction it will shoot from for the lot - it is preset - as far as I know.)

Unfortunately as far as I understand - and as I have experienced in my gallery uploads, you can 'select' the gallery pic by paging through options (click the camera icon) when uploading a household or room, but not with a lot. But when you save the lot you can see what the thumbnails will look like. Unfortunately the best option I have found is to 'stage' the lot as best you can. A few tips/things I have found to be helpful in this regard:

In the gallery the screenshot is really important for catching anyone's interest. I will choose my lot (lighting direction and surroundings), time of day, season to best 'stage' the build. click 'save to gallery' (with or without actually saving it) to check how the thumbnails will look. When actually rolling out the final save before uploading to the gallery I even go to live mode at the right time of day and do a save at each hour close to the 'prime time' for how it looks and save to the gallery in 'Build' mode (the one you enter from 'Manage Worlds' not the live build mode) and compare them. The differences are subtle but the sun slowly moves, and after all that work why not get the best lighting you can? (Also, before each save in the edit mode I may place the saved lot again to make sure nothing was changed by the live sims.)
• Make sure your lot creates a thumbnail of the building from a front view.
• Do the 'change season' cheat to get to summer and wait for a non-rainy day.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 8 (20,971 Views)