Sims 4 Bar Apartment?

by Ducky722

Original Post

Sims 4 Bar Apartment?

★★★ Newbie

In the Sims 4 I made a bar that has an apartment-like living arrangement on the second floor. Is there a way or will there ever be a way to make the bar function as a community lot (have npc's come to enjoy the bar when open and leave when closed, hire employees, etc.) yet still keep the upper floor as the home to the Sims owning the bar? Also, will stages ever be added to the game? Ex. In this bar there is a stage where a sim could sing or tell comedy.

Message 1 of 3 (4,434 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Bar Apartment?

Champion

@Ducky722 , I seriously doubt it!  I've never seen two types of lots combined into one lot and I can't see EA doing this. It is a cool idea since it exists in real life.  Someone might have made a Mod that would allow you to have two types of lot on one lot, though. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (4,415 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Bar Apartment?

★★ Apprentice

What if you were to change this "residential lot" into a type of "Community Lot" such as a "Bar" or "Lounge", and then have your chosen Household buy it and run it? Then your Household Sims can use the upstairs as an apartment.

What I don't know is: If you can change a residential build into a community type of lot without starting from scratch. And whether your Sims can stay on the Lot when you go to save your game and leave the game.

It's possible to allow your Sims that own a community lot to sleep or cook or take a shower on the "business/ community lot" they own. I just don't know if you will confuse the game mechanics if you never have your Sims live on a residential Lot as well as pretend to live at they community lot they own as a business.

Another idea is: If you keep your bar as a residential lot, you can simply have a lot of "parties" there, and invite Sims your Sim knows. Or, use the phone and invite other Sims to hang out at your lot, and pretend they are visiting a "bar." The visiting or partying Sims would always go home at some point, and your Sims wouldn't make any money, but you wouldn't have the pressure of having to keep up a level of stars and you wouldn't have to restock products.

Your Sims could make money in other ways during times when Sims are not visiting your residential lot as if it were a "Bar," by selling paintings to a collector or writing and publishing books, if you didn't want them to get a real career. Hope that's helpful.

Message 3 of 3 (4,263 Views)