Re: Sims 4 Adoption

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Sims 4 Adoption

★★★ Newbie

I have a gay couple that adopted a baby. The problem was - only one of them actually went to take the baby and  through the whole adoption process so the game sees her as the only parent. I tried to make them both go to adopt the baby, but it's just not possible. what should I do? answeres are welcomed Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (5,783 Views)

Hero

Are they married ? Not sure if the game can handle gay parents on adoption.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (5,766 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

To test this, I used a married gay couple. Although only one of them traveled to get the kid, they are both recognised as parents. To make sure, I had them adopt both a baby and a child and in both cases both of the women are listed as parent to each of the 2 kids.

Message 3 of 7 (5,726 Views)

★ Novice

@crinrict I am having a similar issue. I have a single adult Female that prior to the 12-4 patch, I was able to use my computer to adopt a child. Since the latest patch, I am no longer able to use any computer (Maxis made or CC) to adopt a child.  Is there anything to be done to fix this?

Message 4 of 7 (5,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The couple must be married :I

Message 5 of 7 (5,619 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can change it through cheating. 
Open the cheat box

> testingcheats true

> cas.fulleditmode

go to a mirror and select “change sim” 

then you can edit any relationship or other things if you want/need

Message 6 of 7 (4,609 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for sharing @siacarr. Standard smile

Closing thread here.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (4,583 Views)