Sims 4 | A few issues since HP Save File.

by hoodandhippy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 | A few issues since HP Save File.

★★ Novice

Hello! Ive been having a few issues since downloading a Harry Potter save file. It's somehow effected my overall game/my other save file.

I played the HP save file for a little bit and then deleted it cause it seemed to be overwhelming my system- not loading, lagging, and greying out the screen in game play. So I deleted the save file from my system/any mods attached to it. 

But I'm still having the same issues with my game play. Issues are:

Everything is fine up until I start gameplay with a sim. The screen is blued/greyed out and I can't click anything UNLESS I click "quit" on the SIms 4 logo in my taskbar. 

Then the screen will return to full color and things are clickable.

When I go into Build Mode, the control system is completely gone. It only grids the house and there the pop-up that holds all of the build mode options is not there. 

I've tried repairing the game. Am I going to have to completely delete the game and start over?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 | A few issues since HP Save File.

★★ Expert
@hoodandhippy--are you using thepancake1 and MizoreYukii's colour sliders? if so, try testing without.

also make sure any remaining mods have been updated to work with the most recent version of the game. mods you still have can affect any save file you load.

you can also try deleting localthumbcache.package from documents -> electronic arts -> the sims 4 to get rid of outdated mod data, even repairing the game through Origin.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (662 Views)

All Replies

★★ Expert
@hoodandhippy--are you using thepancake1 and MizoreYukii's colour sliders? if so, try testing without.

also make sure any remaining mods have been updated to work with the most recent version of the game. mods you still have can affect any save file you load.

you can also try deleting localthumbcache.package from documents -> electronic arts -> the sims 4 to get rid of outdated mod data, even repairing the game through Origin.
Message 2 of 3 (663 Views)

★★ Novice
@unseenlarks That totally worked! I just deleted thepancake1 mod.
Thanks so much!
Message 3 of 3 (647 Views)