Sim won’t enter home

by mpalmlon

Original Post

Sim won’t enter home

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Making her go home
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim won’t step into their lot/house. Also, large black structures appear around my lot.
What do you expect to see? I try to make her go home or even step onto her lot and the task gets cancelled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim isn’t able to enter her home or even step onto her lot. I’ve used cheats to enlarge a lot of items but the entrance door is normal sized and there is nothing in the way. I’ve tried resetting my sim, bulldozing the lot and placing it back, visiting another lot and coming back, switching between players, and ultimately shutting down the game.

Message 1 of 8 (532 Views)

Re: Sim won’t enter home

Hero
@mpalmlon Could you try bulldozing and place another lot to see if it's something about the house ?

Does it do the same on a different lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok Crin, so I bulldozed my lot and placed a new home and my sim was able to enter her home. I tried placing my original home in another lot and the same things happens, she isn’t able to enter the lot. Could it be that I’ve enlarged a lot of items inside the home?

Message 3 of 8 (461 Views)

Hero
@mpalmlon Could be. Probably easiest to start deleting room by room to find out what's causing the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (442 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Will do, thanks for your help!
Message 5 of 8 (415 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'd suggest replacing the outer doors (like delete the door and put in a new). I've had issues with a sim getting trapped in the bathroom because the door stopped working. Had to replace it to get her out. Might be the same issue.

Message 6 of 8 (381 Views)

★★ Novice
@TheSteelRodent I tried replacing the doors and now it won’t even let me place a new one hmm, I think it might be my flooring.
Message 7 of 8 (346 Views)

Hero
@mpalmlon Going to move this to General Discussion for now as it seems to be an issue with your particular house.

Tag me if you find out more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (317 Views)