Re: Sim trading thread - Find a partner for your Sims

by ShaNoodle9

Original Post

★ Expert

@ShaNoodle9 You started a relationship with my sim Mya. When the relationship gets to level 8 you can send me a request to have my sim become playable in your game and I pass her off to you . Your sim could marry her and have children in your game without taking my sim in your game however I will retire her if you don't take her in your game.. I have been holding off giving her traits and retiring her so you could take her in your game

If you marry an NPC you can get them added to your game much quicker should you want that NPC to move in

Message 641 of 835 (688 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Okay, I think I understand now. So would that mean I'd need an open slot as soon as I ask for her to move in? Or could I make her playable at a later time? 

And that was also the thing about starting a relationship with someone's Sim without them knowing. I didn't want them to retire before the relationship progress. 

@Fuzzernutter my Sim just married yours, so they are progressing

Message 642 of 835 (674 Views)

★ Expert

@ShaNoodle9 You need an open slot to take a sim into your game. When you take another player's sim, the original owner of the sim gets an heirloom, the sim gets retired on the original owner's end and you get a duplicate of that sim when you take that sim in your game . You can now play that sim to retirement and get an heirloom too. The sim you take will also show on your family tree and portrait. I have not given my sim more than two traits because you would have to play my sim from scratch on job and hobby. Those do not transfer, only traits do. If you do not own the heirlooms of the traits I have given the sim, the game will replace those traits with heirlooms you do own. 

If you decide to just marry a sim and make babies but not take that sim in your game, you will not get control of the sim you marry. You will not get a retirement heirloom from that sim. You get to keep the babies you make on your end and they will go on your tree. 

The choice is yours on how you want to do this . If you just want babies from my sim, keep her babies but not my sim, I can just add more traits, complete her job, hobby and retire her on my end 

Message 643 of 835 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@ShaNoodle9 You keep your Sims working until you have developed the relationship and then right before you want the girl Sim to move in you just retire one of your guys to open a slot for her.
You are getting the hang of it!
Message 644 of 835 (657 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@mrdoggie94 Cool but Winston is pretty good looking! LOL 

Message 645 of 835 (656 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Finealta wrote:

@terogamusaudiHaz I’m home briefly now but will be home around lunchtime again.  I can throw a party if you want?  It’s not been a week but i think it resets with the new sticker week not actual weeks.  Let me know what suits you, or if you find a random party, ill find it and join!  What’s your sims name, in case i run into them?

Omg I'm sorry @Finealta! I usually check forum during night time only >_<

I'll be available to party early my morning (before 9am AEST, after 2pm AEST for an hour/two) and all night long(?)...

Atm I still have Chaves, Natalie and Helena, I'll be retiring Chav and Nat soon once I manage to reach level 8 (for move in)

Message 646 of 835 (648 Views)

★ Expert

@terogamusaudiHaz when your ready to take my sim, I'm going to pass him off to you with gray hair so he looks retired on my end. You can then change his hair. It drives me nuts and I get confused between my retired sims that I gave away to other players. When the game retires the sim on my end they still look young. 

Message 647 of 835 (646 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Okay, I've got it now. And I apologize for all the confusion! Lol. I had just promoted my Sims and was just looking for partners for them. So I won't have any slots available anytime soon. I had no idea we'd also take control. 

But when I do finish with my current generation, I will save a spot so I can actually get another person's sim. I do want to see how it works. 

Message 648 of 835 (641 Views)

★ Expert

@ShaNoodle9 than go ahead and make babies with my sim if you want to and I will work on adding the rest of her traits and retire her on my end. I can retire her after Monday's sticker contest

I can keep my extra girls in waiting to promote should you or anyone else need a girl in the future that you would add to an open slot or move them out as NPC and start my next gen 

Message 649 of 835 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ShaNoodle9,

Marie will be available on my next week's party. She'll be promoted after Jules' sim Winston marries Gillian.

Message 650 of 835 (736 Views)