Re: Sim trading thread - Find a partner for your Sims

by dancerlma454

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@dancerlma454 Zayne Neal is the father of the blond male I posted. Zayne is a sim I created to marry into my lines. Zayne was not born in game. The red head male is not Zayne's line . The female I posted is Zayne's line. The red head that I posted, his name is Ruben. He is the son of Lexi who I created and Dean who is 5 th gen legacy. These below are Ruben's parents

Message 441 of 835 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Does anyone else have major issues with the family portrait and its keeping of the generations?  I'm on generation 6, and most of gen 5 is under that heading (gen 5) excepting for the second youngest, Leaf (and probably Liberty when she retires), and Leia's husband, Diego.  They are under gen 6.  And Leo (who is under gen 5), his wife Isla is under gen 7!!!!!  I think something is a bit wrong when the game can't put husband and wife under the same generation!

Message 442 of 835 (636 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fuzzernutter

Ah ok. I was just asking because Zayne is actually Christian's father...

Right.. so I'll take Ruben when you're ready. I can promote a girl at any time now since I have one Sim that's been ready to retire for over a week.

I've never actually moved another player's Sim in before. Do we just have them meet at a party and I advance the relationship until the option to ask them to move in comes up? 

Message 443 of 835 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@MayaRose1138 wrote:

Does anyone else have major issues with the family portrait and its keeping of the generations?  I'm on generation 6, and most of gen 5 is under that heading (gen 5) excepting for the second youngest, Leaf (and probably Liberty when she retires), and Leia's husband, Diego.  They are under gen 6.  And Leo (who is under gen 5), his wife Isla is under gen 7!!!!!  I think something is a bit wrong when the game can't put husband and wife under the same generation!

Yes. I have several "generations" that are wrong. My first Sim is first generation with her roommate/best friend and her husband is alone in the second generation with their children being considered the third generation. I think it has to do with when they retired. If spouses/siblings don't retire together they get separated. I'm already guessing the next Sim I retire will be listed as the same generation as his son and neices while his brother is alone in generation 7 (NPC townspeople I guess get removed altogether even if they're married with kids 😒)

Message 444 of 835 (609 Views)

★ Expert

@dancerlma454 You used my sim Zayne to father one of your sims? LOL

I will have to either throw a party or promote him You can add him to your sims contact, start a relationship with him even if I have not promoted him yet if you meet him at my house. We can also wait until I promote him and meet at a party.  I think you have to be at level 8 relationship before you can send me a request for him to move in with you. I'll promote him probably on Tuesday. I wanted to do it earlier but EA changed the retirement notice. It takes like 3-4 days for your sim to get retirement notice after you give them the last trait. The sims I wanted to retire earlier got hit with a bunch of stickers before I could retire them so I'm just waiting until the sticker contest is over. Are there any traits you want? In order for you to receive the traits I give him we both need to own the heirlooms of those traits. I'll post back tomorrow and let you know all the heirlooms I do have . I'll Just play him for coin until you take him. He only keeps the traits I give him. You will have to start his job and hobby from scratch 

Message 445 of 835 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MayaRose1138 Okay great! Could you give me your time zone just so I can be sure when it'll start? :') Also, I was wondering if it was possible for my playable sim to go over to your house and meet Elijah even before he has been made playable?

Message 446 of 835 (578 Views)

★★ Guide

@michellechingg wrote:

@MayaRose1138 Okay great! Could you give me your time zone just so I can be sure when it'll start? :') Also, I was wondering if it was possible for my playable sim to go over to your house and meet Elijah even before he has been made playable?

I'm in Australia, so +10 hours, I think, from GMT.  Currently 2pm here.  I think you can visit my house but can't interact with Elijah unless I throw a party.  Would you like me to throw a party today or wait until tomorrow afternoon when I can make him playable?

Message 447 of 835 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MayaRose1138 wrote:

@michellechingg wrote:

I'm in Australia, so +10 hours, I think, from GMT.  Currently 2pm here.  I think you can visit my house but can't interact with Elijah unless I throw a party.  Would you like me to throw a party today or wait until tomorrow afternoon when I can make him playable?

Oh, I'm in Canada, so EST time haha. It's 5:21am here rip... If I can interact with him without him being playable, you can throw the party asap!! Standard smile))

Message 448 of 835 (543 Views)

★ Expert

@dancerlma454

Heirlooms I have 

Ambitious level 2 and 3

Flirty level 2 and 3

Foodie level 2 and 3

Generous level 2 and 3

Good level 2 and 3

Lucky level 2 and 3

Alluring level 1 and 2

Creative level 1 and 2

Outgoing level 1 and 2

Artisan level 1

Party Animal level 1

Musical level 1

Pickpocket level 1

I have to give Ruben at least 1 trait when I promote him. I can leave the rest blank while I play him for coin and or add more traits while your trying to get to level 8 relationship with him.

As long as I give him traits we both have, he should keep the traits I give him if this works like the PC game. Some were stating when they transfered sims from one player to another, the game would change the sims traits. It's possible the person they transfered the sim to did not heirlooms for the original traits given. 

Message 449 of 835 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Fuzzernutter Definitely ambition. 

Message 450 of 835 (519 Views)