Sim's going Ah-ha! and raising their hands a lot! (pic)

by Takata5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim's going Ah-ha! and raising their hands a lot! (pic)

★★★★ Apprentice

So yeah, this is happening a lot now. All too often to the point where its becoming annoying! It happens anytime to, like when they start eating, finished washing dishes, playing chess, just coming inside the house, anytime! Is this happening to anyone else? Also that sulking to happens a lot! Started happening only after that patch. If they could get rid of it, or at least make it happen a lot less..06-12-20_11-58-44 AM.png

Message 1 of 9 (1,002 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim's going Ah-ha! and raising their hands a lot! (pic)

Hero
@Takata5 There's a bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Repetitive-Behavior-Ah-ha-Moments/td-p/9185286

Best to get as many me toos as possible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (875 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Takata5   I don't have the June patch yet (waiting for them to debug it), but two seconds after I started playing the next household in my rotation, my scientist-sim, who hadn't had a new breakthrough in forever, suddenly had a 'Eureka' moment that looked just like the one in your pic.  Is your sim a scientist?

I updated my game at the start of the month, just before the June patch, and am wondering now if they re-tuned the scientists' breakthrough-rate sometime before the June patch.

If your sim isn't a scientist, then I have no idea!  Standard smile

edited because I forgot to tag ya, Takata5!

Message 2 of 9 (968 Views)

★★★ Guide

My sims do the same thing and she is not working. She does this at random times. There is nothing in notifications as to why and no modlets to cue me to what is happening.   It is rather odd.. 

Message 3 of 9 (958 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Takata5 As I understand it this idle animation is a reaction to an area with positive Eco environment score (or maybe a combination of Eco environment and regular decorations). If it's an area with a negative Eco environmental score they'll do a "bored" <sighs> idle animation. It never seems to match their actual moods. My Sims do both of these animations several times per day and I think maybe that's a little too much. I also hope they'll perhaps tone it down a bit in the next game patch.

There is an open Bug Report on this issue, though it seems like this happening by design and is not an actual bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-Random-Bored-Idle-when-not-Bored-or-in-Boring/m-p/91...

Message 4 of 9 (935 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just Me too-ed that bug report and will add  what I said here to the report as well,. thanks for the link Random.Thumbs up

Message 5 of 9 (917 Views)

Hero
@Takata5 There's a bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Repetitive-Behavior-Ah-ha-Moments/td-p/9185286

Best to get as many me toos as possible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (876 Views)

★★★ Expert

Thank you for that link @crinrict . I clicked the Me Too for that bug report. 

Message 7 of 9 (857 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Takata5 At least that one's quick. The only one that bugs me to no end is the one that causes them to stop and look around every time they enter a doorway to a new room. And it's not a room with a high environment score either. The interactions and automated stuff needs a lot of tweaking.

Someone will come and knock on the door, I'll tell my sim to "Invite In".
They walk out side and stop (look around at entering a new room - outside)
They walk up to the sim to greet the new sim and stop (have to run the animation to hug)
They hug and both then greet (again).They walk to the doorway to enter the house and stop. (have to run the animation to wonder at the new room they just entered)
They finally walk into the house.

With all these automated things going on, it's taking far too long to do anything. If a sim is outside and I tell them to go to the bathroom, it's like, walk to the entryway, stop, wonder, walk into the house, stop, wonder, walk to the bathroom, stop, wonder... geez, this is YOUR house, I know I designed it and it's fabulous, but can you PLEASE stop wondering about your own house for a second?
Message 8 of 9 (833 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for joining the active bug report on this. To help keep all information in the same space for this, I'll close this out here. If you've not yet joined the other bug report, please click the link in Crinrict's post above. Thanks.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 9 of 9 (794 Views)