Sim running to a different PC then the selected one

by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim running to a different PC then the selected one

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In my household I have 2 Immersive Bend one with an active Focus decoration in the room and a other with an active Inspiration decoration. 

Now my problem is that I send the Sim to the PC at the Inspiration room but he run to the one in the Focus room even if I let him sit down on the stool right before the PC that I want him to use.

I had to remove the other PC to finally get my Sim use the correct one! Have anyone a idea why my Sim behave this way?

Message 1 of 7 (953 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim running to a different PC then the selected one

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Schwarzbart00 - I have different emotional rooms set up, too. Just in case you didn't know, there are emotional items that have a menu choice "View <emotion> Work". If you have your sim use that particular interaction, they'll gain an additional moodlet that is persistent. So if you have them "View Focused Work" they'll get a +1 or +2 focused moodlet for 2 - 4 hours. It's very handy and can push them over the edge from "focused" to "very focused".

As far as why your sim kept running to the other computer, I wonder if they were finishing a task that they started on the other computer? I've had the same happen to me occasionally, usually it was because they had started something autonomously on the other computer, or I accidentally had them start writing a book in the wrong place, for instance. I don't know if playing a game or web browsing gets stuck the same way. 

Anyway, just a thought on why it might have happened. Happy simming!

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (780 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@Schwarzbart00 Yeah, Sims definitely seem to lack all common sense at times. Like they'll walk halfway across the house to set a dirty plate down when they are standing right next to a dishwasher!

Have you tried using the Security settings to get your Sims to use the right computer? For my current three Sims they each have a computer that is locked out for everyone but them. They are all playable Sims, not roommates, and it seems to be working pretty good so far. They each only use the computer I want them to.

Message 2 of 7 (912 Views)

★ Guide

Sadly I need to use both computer with both sims so your idea is nearly the same for me as temporary removing the computer because I need to lock and unlock the computers each time.

(I.e. for the work from home I need the computer in the focus room while when writing I need the computer in the inspiration room)

Message 3 of 7 (888 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Schwarzbart00 I can see your point about wanting a focus room for one task and an inspiration room for a different task. One thing you might want to consider would be to use incense burners rather than activated decor items to get the right moodlets for whichever room your Sim decides to use. You can burn Lemon incense for Inspiration and Saffron incense for Focus. I always keep an incense burner on the computer desk for any of my Sims that work from home for this reason.

Message 4 of 7 (853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I suspect it was related to the moodlet gained from "Collect Qualitative Feedback" because once this moodlet was gone I could send the Sim to the other Computer normal again. 

Edit: Just got the moodlet Focus Tested again and I still could use the computer at the inspiration room so my guess was off. At last I now can use both PC without trouble again although it would be nice if I knew the reason why my sim behaved strange before.

Message 5 of 7 (811 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Schwarzbart00 - I have different emotional rooms set up, too. Just in case you didn't know, there are emotional items that have a menu choice "View <emotion> Work". If you have your sim use that particular interaction, they'll gain an additional moodlet that is persistent. So if you have them "View Focused Work" they'll get a +1 or +2 focused moodlet for 2 - 4 hours. It's very handy and can push them over the edge from "focused" to "very focused".

As far as why your sim kept running to the other computer, I wonder if they were finishing a task that they started on the other computer? I've had the same happen to me occasionally, usually it was because they had started something autonomously on the other computer, or I accidentally had them start writing a book in the wrong place, for instance. I don't know if playing a game or web browsing gets stuck the same way. 

Anyway, just a thought on why it might have happened. Happy simming!

Message 6 of 7 (781 Views)

★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow yes it was when I did continue writing a book. I doubt that I used the PC in the Focus room to start the book but I'm not 100% sure on this anymore so I accept your answer as solution.
Message 7 of 7 (761 Views)