by Andrea058523

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim quit acting career after enrolling in second degree

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Eco, University, Famous?, Seasons, Pets, City, Hangouts, Work / GP: Star wars, Magic, Jungle, Vampires, Dine, Outdoors / SP: Knitting, Tiny living, Laundry, Halloween / Free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I enrolled my sim in University (Drama) her job as Rising Star (Actor career) got quit without my knowledge and she somehow started as trainee in soccer?
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim lost her job as Rising Star (Actor career) somehow started as trainee in soccer, without prompt.
What do you expect to see? My sim enrolling in University and keeping her job.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

She already has a degree, Britechester Uni, Fine Arts. She lived at campus then. She kept her job as actress, so I could take jobs in the weekend.

Now I enrolled in Drama, and she lost her job as acress somehow and lost all progress. This time I stayed in my own home lot, she bought a house after her first degree.

Quiting job

Message 1 of 11 (2,539 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim quit acting career after enrolling in second degree

Champion

Did you apply for any scholarships?

If you successfully got the Athletics scholarship, you should know that one of the requirements is you MUST be on the uni soccer team to qualify, so it will force quit whatever job you have and put you on the team.

The same kind of thing applies to the E-sports scholarship - you are forced to join the uni E-sports team to keep the scholarship.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (2,495 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Liteblob Do you maybe have a backup or quit without saving to see if it's reproducible ? Did you maybe get any lastExceptions ? Found in the documents folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI indeed had a save previously, and I thought I accidentally accepted some job change. But I didn't. So I could reproduce it. Managed to do it three times, after different actions and restarting the game even.
I even tried signing with a different agency.

I didn't see the lastException. I can reproduce the action and see if I can get any info.

Message 3 of 11 (2,514 Views)

Hero
@Liteblob Would you mind sending me that save ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,511 Views)

Champion

Did you apply for any scholarships?

If you successfully got the Athletics scholarship, you should know that one of the requirements is you MUST be on the uni soccer team to qualify, so it will force quit whatever job you have and put you on the team.

The same kind of thing applies to the E-sports scholarship - you are forced to join the uni E-sports team to keep the scholarship.

Message 5 of 11 (2,496 Views)

★ Guide

your sim applied for and received the athletic scholarship. this puts them on the soccer team, which counts as a career. as a sim can't have more than one career it forces your sim to quit whatever job they had.

not a bug.

Message 6 of 11 (2,486 Views)

Hero
@Liteblob Checking your save I see you do indeed have an athletic scholarship as the others suspected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (2,466 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Andrea058523 oh. That sucks balls. The fitness skills was one of the only ones I didn't cheat with, but I wanted to keep her fit and she was in the powerhouses club, so she worked out a lot 😅. Is it possible to retract a scholarship?
Message 8 of 11 (2,460 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@simvasion Frown thanks for the very plausible reason of this. But it suck balls 🤣 I wanted the money of course, but not a career switch. I don't recall seeing a notification of this when I applied tho 🤔 but I tend to be a bit impatient when I have a certain story in mind for my sim.
Message 9 of 11 (2,458 Views)

★ Guide

@LiteblobIf you put them back in the acting career they will quiet the soccer team and lose the scholarship

Message 10 of 11 (2,435 Views)