Re: Sim isn't going to uni...

by PugLove888

Original Post

Sim isn't going to uni...

★ Apprentice

Hey all,

Come across another issue today. I play on PS4 and have the majority of large expansion packs (don't have Eco yet, waiting for bugs to sort themselves out as I've heard/read there are many atm). I have two sims I'm playing at the moment, one is a uni student and the other is a scientist. I decided for the majority of the time I was gonna make the scientist go to work on their own so I could focus on the uni student and have one day at work with the scientist. Well, today was the first day I went with the scientist and while there I noticed the little briefcase was flashing red and saying 'Late for class' I couldn't go back as I was half-way through the working day essentially... but why did she not go? Normally with jobs and school, the sims left to their own devices leave on their own as normal... but for uni it's different? What's up with that?

I'm confused and I believe that this must be some kind of bug! Sims should still automatically leave as others do with jobs and school right?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (441 Views)

Champion

@NLSutton92  well, it works a bit differently with university since the developers of Discover University said they designed it with the idea that we take our Sims education seriously.  So, that means we are supposed to guide our Sims while at university by actually playing them while they are at university. Standard smile While that makes sense (most bought the pack to have university gameplay) it isn't the best fit for people who either do what you are doing and follow a housemate to work, or else for those who play rotationally, switching from household to household. Disappointed

The best thing to do is when your Sim is at university, just concentrate on them, until they graduate and from there you can play as you usually do. Wink So, don't follow your other Sim to work until your uni Sim graduates. Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (426 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 Okay, that makes sense. But there's a button on the 'career' section that you can press to 'Go to Class' which I had pressed numerous times and the sim wasn't going to uni. That button should tell the sim to go to uni while you are looking after another sim at work/on a date/at a club gathering.

So I understand them wanting to make us guide the sim through uni, but that button didn't work for me. Frown

Message 3 of 6 (409 Views)

Champion

@NLSutton92, that button isn't going to work for anyone who has a Sim in university because that function has nothing to do with university. Wink It is really for teens and children to send them to class if you are not on a lot they are on, or else to send an adult to work if you aren't on the same lot as them.  It wasn't intended to be used with University since that pack didn't exist.  They chose to have you guide your Sim at university, so the only mistake is in keeping the tab option of "go to school" for Sims who are young adult and older. OopsStandard smile

Message 4 of 6 (372 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PugLove888 That's a bit confusing then. Why would they have the button there if it wasn't going to work? Either let us use that button for the sims OR take it away for uni students. 

Message 5 of 6 (351 Views)

Champion

@NLSutton92, yes ideally there shouldn't be a button for them, but it was probably an oversight.Oops   While it would be nice if they fixed it, they have more serious bugs to fix.  The good thing is that the button is very easy to ignore . Wink

Message 6 of 6 (313 Views)