Sim has "Filthy Surroundings" moodlet, house spotless

by cyvintyranea

Original Post

Re: Sim has "Filthy Surroundings" moodlet, house spotless

★★★ Newbie
@cyvintyranea I believe you've solved this already, but I'd just like to put how I personally fixed it. So, I'm sure we all know there's like this spoon rack thing that can be hung on walls, and it had a shelf-similar top to it, located somewhere in decorations, I believe.

When my sim was cooking, a plate of brownies was automatically placed on top of it, and I didn't realize it immediately because I have some cupboards above my counters and oven, therefore making the stinky pastries unseen! Once I removed the cupboard over the spoon rack, I had access to the brownies and got my sim to throw them away, then boom! The moodlet was gone.
Message 11 of 31 (6,062 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just cast Duplicato on myself and woohoo'd my clone. Did it in bed, in the shower. Then in bed again.

Message 12 of 31 (6,055 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sims felt unwell around the dining table and I couldn't find anything there. I found a plate next to the entrance stairs and that was it. Finally I found it. There is an option to give your dog some of your food while you are eating. I did that a while ago, and for some reason the dog didn't take the food thrown on the floor. It had the same color as the carpet and there was no green dust around it. Once I removed that bit of food, the smell was gone.

Message 13 of 31 (6,036 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Omg that worked! I deleted the outside bin and placed a new one and it was solved immediately. Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy!

Message 14 of 31 (5,792 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I've had that problem.  In my case, it was a fish in the fish tank that was in poor condition.

There was also something in the kitchen that upset them at one point.  Apparently a dirty plate got stuck sideways between the cabinets.

Message 15 of 31 (5,774 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had decorative pans and knives from the kitchen decor section, on my walls, and as soon as I deleted the decorations the moodlet disappeared! 

Message 16 of 31 (5,663 Views)

★ Novice

this happened to me with the laundry day pack because wet clothes were on the floor and then added back to the washing machine. an easy fix is to delete the hamper and washer/dryer and just add it back in. 

Message 17 of 31 (5,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, I'm trying to get the child's aspirations but they require a specific mood, and they are only uncomfortable. I've removed my only trash bin, searched every place something could be on in close-up, and moved every item to see if something was under it except for the walls, both the fridge and sims inventory are food free. No one needs a bath, there are no fish tanks, and I have a maid clean as well as the child. It only happens we they are outside in their house going to the back of the yard, the only things back there is a fence, a half wall, a couple of kids' toys, a pool and kiddie pool, a computer desk, the oven, fridge, and a few counters with only a microwave, sink, and coffee maker all clean and nothing hiding under anything.

Message 18 of 31 (4,999 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just went obsessively insane over this. It was only in one room, but I had replaced all the bins on the lot already anyway. I then put item by item into my household inventory, seeing if any of them caused it - nope, she's in an empty room complaining about the squalor.

I was so annoyed, I started sledgehammering the walls, thinking I was being unreasonable.... Only to find two spoiled eggs and a tomato after I sledgehammered the wall behind the fridge. I think because I've had move objects on, when I try to put the eggs in the fridge in live mode, sometimes they've been placing in the wall by accident. I now have a happy Sim on a mostly empty lot.

Time to rebuild the house...

Message 19 of 31 (4,888 Views)

★ Apprentice

A Portrait of a Sim. Who cares about the missing walls, floating chickens, or creepy gnome that appeared halfway through this debacle?  All she knows is she is no longer living in squalor. If only we could all be so easily pleased.

12-04-22_9_57_19 AM.png

Message 20 of 31 (4,882 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help