by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim has "Filthy Surroundings" moodlet, house spotless

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work Get together City Living Cats & Dogs Seasons Island Living Discover University Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Dine Out Vmpires Parenthood Jungle Adventure Strangerville Realm of Magic Perfect Patio Cool Kitchen Spooky Stuff Movie Hangout Romantic Garden Kids Room Vintage Glamour Bowling Night Toddler Laundry Day My First Pet Moschino Tiny Living (I don't have Eco Lifestyle and Luxury Party)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just play the game and it happens
What happens when the bug occurs? The filthy surroundings moodlet comes up and won't go away
What do you expect to see? Only have the filthy surroundings moodlet when something is dirty
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Two separate families in two separate save files, the 'filthy surroundings' moodlet pops up and will not go away

• No fish in house or sims inventory
  • Empty Fridge
  • Empty Inventory
  • Mopped the floor
  • Cleaned all items (sink, microwave, counters, the sim itself)
  • No bin inside
  • Removed all shelving type items one by one to see if anything has been hiding behind or on them on both games. Found nothing
  • Moved house to brand new lot and same problem in less than one sim day
  • No mods
  • Combined kitchen/living in both houses

This is legit causing my sim to fail uni as she cannot do her homework in her micro-home

Message 1 of 31 (49,659 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim has "Filthy Surroundings" moodlet, house spotless

★★★ Apprentice

@cyvintyraneaI've had a similar issue and it turned out to be a corrupted outside bin. I deleted the existing outside bin and replaced it, the moodlet faded finally. The unpleasant moodlet seemed to traverse the walls of the house, so my sims would get the moodlet while inside or out, depending on how close they were to the bin.

View in thread

Message 3 of 31 (49,505 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@cyvintyranea Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (49,549 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@cyvintyraneaI've had a similar issue and it turned out to be a corrupted outside bin. I deleted the existing outside bin and replaced it, the moodlet faded finally. The unpleasant moodlet seemed to traverse the walls of the house, so my sims would get the moodlet while inside or out, depending on how close they were to the bin.

Message 3 of 31 (49,506 Views)

★★★ Novice

I deleted the outside bin and it worked!!
They didn't get the moodlet outside but I removed the outdoor bin that came with island living and replaced it with a base game outdoor bin and they no longer have the moodlet
The other save file is an island living based family so they also have that bin. I will go and play with them now and remove the bin

Thank you so much!!

Message 4 of 31 (49,465 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Mudlap below has replied with a solution that works, Thank you <3
Message 5 of 31 (49,463 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@cyvintyranea   Sweet! Glad to hear it!

Message 6 of 31 (49,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue, but there is no bin outside. I put one there and that's didn't work. I have tried everything else. Any other suggestions?

Message 7 of 31 (48,074 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@TrayliaI would start by taking any of the bins that are inside the house and place them all in the household inventory, see if the moodlet fades, if so, put them back one by one until you find the offending bin.

If that doesn't work, you can look for old plates and glasses that sims may have left around (the empty water glasses can be difficult to see sometimes). Be aware, I have found water glasses under couches and other furniture, which I think glitched there due to my interrupting a sim with other commands while they were trying to drink.

Message 8 of 31 (47,526 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Make sure you empty the fridge of old food i've periodically kept forgetting about that and spend 10 mins trying to find what's setting them off until i check the fridge to see the Empty Fridge interaction show up and i remember lol. Personally i don't think it makes sense for the Sims mood to so instantly drop over a bit of gone off food, 1 dirty counter or a few dirty plates and also get the Grungy Moodlet too, i've also found Diapers hiding they instantly get "Filthy Surroundings" moodlet over just 1 diaper lol.

Message 9 of 31 (47,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue recently and finally realized it was some decorative wine glasses I got from the debug items list to decorate my kitchen shelves. They became "old" and were stinking up the place!

Message 10 of 31 (46,846 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help