Sim child cannot go to school

by MomoStark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sim child cannot go to school

★★★ Novice

Hi there,

I aged up a sim toddler during the day time and her parents are able to go to their jobs without any issue. They get the notification about when their job is starting. However, their daughter, cannot go to school at all. I click on the Go To School button and it doesn't work. I had her take a vacation day, clicked the button again after vacation was done. Didn't work. I restarted the game, doesn't work. I did the resetSim cheat on her and it doesn't work. I evicted them and then moved them back into their house, she still won't go to school. I thought that maybe this was going to be with every child so I went to a different household that has children, they got an alert that they were late to school so I clicked the Go To School button and what a surprise it worked for them! I also repaired the game as well and that didn't work either. Is she just going to be cursed with having to stay home schooled?

I am on a iMac late 2017, running Mojave 10.14.6 if that helps. My Sims 4 game is up to date as well. I did used to have the MCC command mod running but with the latest update I left mods disabled because I was honestly growing bored with the mods and decided to stop using it. I also removed the Mods from the Mods folder, removed the mods folder and then just slapped it back in with no mods in it but nothing seems to be working. I would try other options but at this moment I have to get up early for work and I need my sleep. It's a shame that she can't go to school even though I hate that option so much. It just lightens the load for me a little bit.

Message 1 of 21 (39,213 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim child cannot go to school

★★★ Novice

I actually fixed it somehow because I kept on constantly having to reset my sims, but it never told me she was late for school which was weird. I ended up deleting all of my old saves and clearing out the screenshot folder for whatever reason and it seemed to have worked? Maybe one of the older saves was corrupted or something.

View in thread

Message 5 of 21 (39,123 Views)

All Replies

@MomoStark

Moved your post to the discussion forum for better gameplay help. It doesn’t seem like a Mac specific issue and you’ll get better help here Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 21 (39,169 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for moving it. I wasn't sure if some bugs can be mac specific since I don't know much about computers.

Message 3 of 21 (39,154 Views)

Champion

@MomoStark, there can be a couple of things going on here that I can think of.  

First, did you get any notifications that the child was actually late for shcool?  Did the principal call you child on the phone to tell them they were late? 
If you look on the panel that you shoudl be able to click on her to go to school does it say how long it will be until school starts for her? This should be in the upper right of that panel.  It will usually say something like Class in 15 hours,  or 3 days till school, etc.  What does your panel say in this area? Wondering  I think this might be happening since you aged your toddler up during the day.  It sounds like this child might have most likely glitched during either the ageing up or maybe when you had them take a vacation day. If a toddler is aged too during shcool hours or very late at night, they won't go to school the next day, but the panel should say so.  It will be even longer if the child aged late at night on Thursday or in the middle of the day on Friday.  

I would suggest looking into this before trying the next thing, which is...

Also,since you used to play with Mods/CC i would normally advise not just removing the Mods folder but deleting certain files (because sometimes corrupt bits can remain in your game even if you have removed the mods folder) and then doing a repair though Origin to be on the safe side.  If this wasn't the same proceedure with Macs, I would think @Bluebellflora  would have not moved your post here, so I will include how to do this:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty. 

(There would be more instuctions on how to find the faulty Mod or CC , but since you dont' want to use Mods anymore, I won't include that! ) Standard smile  And you don't need to move back an empty Mods folder as the game will generate a new empty one when you start it up again. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 21 (39,139 Views)

★★★ Novice

I actually fixed it somehow because I kept on constantly having to reset my sims, but it never told me she was late for school which was weird. I ended up deleting all of my old saves and clearing out the screenshot folder for whatever reason and it seemed to have worked? Maybe one of the older saves was corrupted or something.

Message 5 of 21 (39,124 Views)

Champion

@MomoStark, thank you for updating us!  Angel  We are very happy your situation is fixed!  

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 21 (39,113 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@PugLove888 I can’t find the localthumbcache.package in my files? I’m just gonna continue to step 3 and hope this goes well
Message 7 of 21 (38,106 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Jacinta_Besson The localthumbcache.package file is located in your Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder. It's something the game uses to quickly store or retrieve certain data to help it run faster, including data from mods and CC. If you are deleting outdated/obsolete mods or CC from your Mods folder to correct a problem in your game then you should not skip deleting the localthumbcache.package file. 

Message 8 of 21 (38,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Jacinta_Besson Just in case you haven’t been able to solve this yet, I just encountered this problem yesterday. (One of my kids randomly stopped being able to go to school for no apparent reason.) I was able to solve it by making her travel to a different lot and sending her to school from there. The next day, she was able to go from home just like normal.

Message 9 of 21 (37,985 Views)

★★★ Novice

Dude you're awesome i would've never figured this out. 

Message 10 of 21 (37,041 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help