none of the replies here helped me.

Message 11 of 21 (1,379 Views)

Re: Sim child cannot go to school

★★★★ Novice

none of this worked for me

Message 12 of 21 (1,380 Views)

★★★★ Expert
I've had the same problem with a sim attempting to go to work. When time for work came, she didn't go. I kept clicking on "Go to Work" but she refused. The command was just ignored. I had to save, quit the game, and re-load. The button worked then and she left. It's like the button or function simply locked up and stopped working.
Message 13 of 21 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tried taking all my mods out and putting them back in one by one, going into the game and testing it out. It worked until i redecorated their house and put their CC back on them (from taking the mods out) and it broke again. I have tried deleting the localthumbecache file and that didn't work. I downloaded an online school mod that I hoped would allow my sims to do online school but that didn't work either. I've repaired my game numerous times and nothing has worked. My sims have no problem going to university, work, or preschool (Mod). It is just grade school and high school that is broken. 

Message 14 of 21 (1,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem also. Your child might be “locked” in the house. You need to allow the child to access the front door by clicking on it and then clicking allow access to and then click your child’s  name. This should allow them to go to school now. 

Message 15 of 21 (1,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After trying everything, repairing the game, etc. it worked. Let’s see if it sticks. 

Message 16 of 21 (1,161 Views)

★ Novice
@MomoStark When I had toddlers I locked the doors to them. But as children I forgot to unlock it. So if people are still having this issue maybe check the door access
Message 17 of 21 (843 Views)

★★ Novice

Just started to have the same problem and I am on ps4. I just recently purchased the Ranch and Home Decor pack so perhaps the bug is attached to one of those packs. If the team sees this it may be worth investigating. I have heard they are trying to listen to console players a bit more as we are suffering with the most bugs and the most time it takes to correct them. 

Message 18 of 21 (381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Of course! Thanks!

Message 19 of 21 (362 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does this step-by-step process of moving the mods page, repairing the game, etc, harm the game? Like, delete my mods? Will I still be able to use them in the game? Do I leave the mods folder on the desktop forever or can I return it to the EA folder? 

"There would be more instuctions on how to find the faulty Mod or CC , but since you dont' want to use Mods anymore, I won't include that!"

I would like to know more about this, please! 

Message 20 of 21 (237 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help