Sim Relationship Status Stuck

by invaderzim8

Original Post

Sim Relationship Status Stuck

★★★★★ Novice

Two of my sims started out not liking each other, but they have since become friends and gotten married.  They have completely full romance and friendship bars, but their relationship status is still set as "despised."  I was trying to do the soulmate aspiration with these sims, but I can't because their status won't change.  Any tips to fix it?  

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (2,309 Views)

Re: Sim Relationship Status Stuck

[ Edited ]
Champion

@invaderzim8 It's my understanding that 'despised' it when the friendship is -10 to 10 so this does seem like a glitch ( https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/relationships/romance.php ). Have you tried resetting both sims (shift+click on the sim and select 'reset sim). Then save and exit ant re-enter the household and see if the status of the relationship has changed. Do es their behavior suggest that they are getting along well and romantic? If not, it may be possible that the 'glitching' part is the relationship meters - that they are not really full.

Do you have any Mods or CustomContent in your game - or have you had any in the past? If you so, please try moving your Mods folder to your desktop and delete the localthumbnailcache.package file, plus delete any other folder in the "The Sims 4” folder with the word 'cache' in the title. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new, fresh Mods folder.) If this fixes the situation you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was causing the issue. Please also check for updates for all Mods/CC. You may also want to run a game repair in Origin. [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. 

Soulmates do require that a high level of friendship and romance is maintained. There are also some good tip s about how to do this and how to choose interactions that also have positive moodlets, which also helps with this trait. It may also be helpful to add some romantic moodlet items that can be activated when desired in the home, to have them interact in quality manners and frequently, do activities together, go on social and romantic dates, etc. With this trait you will need to make extra efforts to keep both friendship and romance high plus have continual quality interactions to maintain the relationship well.

If none of this helps we can try other things. Please let us know how it goes.

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 4 (2,284 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your reply!  

I tried resetting the sims, saving, and re-entering the household as you suggested, but unfortunately there was no change.  Earlier, after I filled the relationship meters by playing, I also tried filling them by cheating, just to see if that was the problem.  Even by cheating the meters to full in both friendship and romantic relationship, it doesn't change their relationship status.  When I hover over one of them in the relationships menu, it says their relationships are "Despised," "Spouse," and "Best friends." 

I have never used any custom content in my game.  I did try running a repair on the game anyways, but it hasn't changed anything, unfortunately.  

Thank you again for taking the time to reply.  I really appreciate it.  

Message 3 of 4 (2,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@invaderzim8 
I'm inclined to recommend that you file a bug report about this. Then we can see if others are experiencing the same issue, and hopefully information gathering and troubleshooting can occur. If you do so please save and keep a copy of your game save in the current state in case they want it later. (Directions below).
Bug reports are filed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

As a workaround, if you're interested, you could try the following.
I'm thinking something you may want to try as a workaround if this is a couple you want to continue to play and this relationship thing bothers you:

1. Make a copy of your game's save folder and keep this on your desktop incase you need ti later (for the bug report - I will mention this in a minute).
    Directions about where to find the saves folder. Copy it and save it on your desktop for reference:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/m-p/7368675#M83549
  2. Now open your game and open the game save with your couple in it.
  3. Go to the three dots and choose "Save As"
    Give the save a name like "Soulmates Test" and save by pressing the 'save' icon at the bottom right of the screen.
  4. Now go to the "Main Menu" (choose 'Save and Exit' on the popup). Go to "Load Game" and you should see your game there that has your current couple/game, plus a new one that is named "Soulmates Test". Enter the "Soulmates Test" game.
  5. Go to 'My Households'. Select the couple's household and open the household in "Transfer Sims between households".
  6. Select one of the sims and create a new household and move one of the sims into it, give the new household sufficient funds (if they'll need them), and click the checkmark to save. Now the sims are still married but in two different households.
  7. Now we will sever the current relationship. To do this, open each household in CAS and click the 'Save Household' folder/icon, and save them to your library by pressing the icon that looks like a 'download' icon.
  8. Now in "My Households" click the "x" in the upper right corner when hovering to delete the household that's the husband and the one that's the wife.
  9. Now go into one of the worlds and select an empty lot in the neighborhood 'worldview' (don't enter the lot). Go to "Open Gallery" > "My Library" > select one of the sims households and place him/her on the lot. Now click the lot once in the worldview (don't enter the lot) and a three dots icon should appear in the lower right corner. Click the three dots and select "Evict Household" (house icon with an "x"). Now the sim household will be in this game and in "Manage Households" > "My Households".  Repeat all of these steps for the other spouse.
  10. Now enter Manage Households and merge the households (Use transfer between households like before basically doing the opposite as before) to add them to the same household, Or you can keep and place them separately. If they are added into the same household they will start with an 'acquaintances' beginning relationship, but only that. They will retain their traits and skills, and should also retain their jobs. This would be the quickest way to begin a relationship as they are both already acquainted and you control them both. Now you can control the interactions to make 'ideal' circumstances to avoid the negative and dislike stuff, if you want, and rebuild the relationship more quickly, efficiently, and positively , then have the marry each other. Make sure to save this new game save.

Now if you go to your main menu you will find a copy of the current game save plus a copy of this new "Soulmates Test" game save. If the new game test does not work out the way you want your old one will be intact and saved there for you. I hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes! 

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 4 (2,249 Views)