Re: Sim Creation/Save Question (Dying Sims Related)

by AprilTheSimmer96

Original Post

Sim Creation/Save Question (Dying Sims Related)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This could possibly be a very stupid question, just a warning LOL.

I have only been playing Sims 4 over the past couple of months, and in one scenario, one of the Sims that I created died, and everyone in the house was annoyingly sad for a long time. I know this can be avoided with a cheat, but I am trying to avoid using cheats. It’s annoying when a Sim I want in the game dies, because I have to re-create them all over again.  So I am wondering if there is a way for me to save individual Sims that I have created somewhere in my library, in case I ever want to re-insert them into the game should they die?

If anybody has any insight on this I would very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 7 (499 Views)

Hero

@cwray0 

You can save your sims to your Library at any time by taking the household into CAS and saving them.  Button to do that is in the upper right of the CAS screen.

But you can also turn aging off in the options so sims will never die of old age.  The drawback of playing with aging off though is sims don't age up so a baby or toddler, for example, will remain a baby or toddler forever unless you age them up manually. 

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 7 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks for replying! Standard smile I did figure out how to save a household, but when someone dies they disappear from that household and you cannot bring them back into the game again from the saved household. Unless I missed a step?

Also how do you age a toddler manually?

Thank you Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@cwray0 You age a toddler manually with a birthday cake. Bake a cake, put the birthday candles on it, and then help the toddler blow out the candles.

You can bring them back first as ghost, but you have to choose the right option from the tombstone, then you can ask them if they want to be part of the household again (as ghost). If you want to bring them back entirely, I know high class spellcaster can do it, but there are other methods...
Message 4 of 7 (444 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@GiardiniDiMarzo

I never tried the spellcaster method, but I know for a fact that the "Ambrosia" method no longer works. It broke a while back and hasn't worked since.

What I've been doing is fully following the Ambrosia method up to the point where they actually eat it, and then just remove the ghost manually using cheats since ambrosia doesn't do anything any longer.
Message 5 of 7 (416 Views)

Champion

@GiardiniDiMarzo and @Psychotps I have successfully used the spellcasters method on some of the Island ghosts in Sulani. Three of them are now functional Sims and appear frequently as live Sims at the bar and parties. 

So @cwray0 I would suggest you train a Sim as a spellcaster and put the spellcasters household into the game save you have with the deceased Sim. Than use the rotational gameplay to revive the ghost Sim from the family that you were playing.  After that split the household and create a new one with the Sim you are so fond of. Then save that household to your library as @CGrant56 suggested. 

Using this method you don't have to start all over and your Sim can be used in all sorts of new games without cheating.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 6 of 7 (385 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Psychotps Wait, only time Ambrosia never worked for me was if my Sim wasn't sitting while eating it. 😯 Though I haven't used Ambrosia and have been using Dedeathify since I got ROM almost three months ago, so I'm not aware of the status of whether Ambrosia works or not in my game still. ☺️
Message 7 of 7 (320 Views)