Re: Silly question but I’m curious

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Silly question but I’m curious

How does the point system work when it comes to the posts on here? Is it the amount of XP you gain and therefore you get more points? 

I know I should know by now because of my ranking but it never came into my head until now!

Many thanks,

Jazzysquares

Message 1 of 4 (231 Views)

Accepted Solution

@SimmeringPassion  Do you mean the ranking system, as in, you're currently a 5 star Apprentice?  There are a number of factors that go into the ranking, everything from XP earned and solutions to time spent on the forums.  There's no full explanation of how things work, since EA doesn't want people exploiting the system.

It doesn't really matter though, since the rankings themselves don't really matter.  If you want to keep track of your progress, that's great, but there's no bonus that comes with gaining a star or the next higher rank.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (217 Views)

All Replies

@SimmeringPassion  Do you mean the ranking system, as in, you're currently a 5 star Apprentice?  There are a number of factors that go into the ranking, everything from XP earned and solutions to time spent on the forums.  There's no full explanation of how things work, since EA doesn't want people exploiting the system.

It doesn't really matter though, since the rankings themselves don't really matter.  If you want to keep track of your progress, that's great, but there's no bonus that comes with gaining a star or the next higher rank.

Message 2 of 4 (218 Views)

[ Edited ]

@puzzlezaddict 

Thank you for your fast response! I read everything to do with the badges but it was an interesting fact of why it isn’t the way it is because you know someone out there will exploit it if they could!

I am talking about this right here, i saw a 10pt next to one of my topics and wondered what actually is that? 

Message 3 of 4 (212 Views)

@SimmeringPassion  That's the number of points that would be granted to someone whose post was accepted as the solution to the thread.  The point total increases based on the number of posts in the thread, the number of Me Toos, how long it's been since the initial post, and maybe some other factor I'm not aware of.  When someone's post is marked as a solution, they automatically receive that amount of XP from AHQ_Official.

Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)