Re: Showering for a long time! (2 Sim hours)

by MzMelonz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Showering for a long time! (2 Sim hours)

★★★★ Guide

Hi Simmers,

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Sims are showering much longer than normal? Is this a change from the eco-living pack and the higher quality the shower the faster or is this a glitch? My Sim has a mid-grade shower and other ones have some that are a bit more expensive, but everyone's shower is lasting for about 2 sim hours. This is soooooooo long compared to what I normally have seen in the past.

What do you all think? 🤷🏾‍♀️

Message 1 of 6 (1,252 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@MzMelonz I just did some testing it in my game with an expensive shower (Hygiene rating 6) and it took my Sim slightly less time than you are seeing in your game, but still a very long time. That long shower time is a real time killer when trying to get a Sim ready for work or school in the morning!

• With the unmodified shower it took my Sim about 70 game-minutes to go from their hygiene motive being in the red to fully clean.
  • After my Sim installed the "Upgrade the water flow regulator" upgrade the same Sim took about 30 game-minutes to go from red to fully clean.
  • After installing a second upgrade, the "Install pulsating massage jets" upgrade, the same Sim only took about 10 game-minutes to go from red to fully clean.

These are the two upgrades I always install for all stand-up showers in my game. Fortunately, Sims do not need a very high Handiness score to install these two upgrades and the parts are not all that expensive. I generally do not install any of the Eco Lifestyle upgrades unless I'm working on a NAP compliance or if I'm trying to turn a neighborhood Eco footprint to green. None of those other upgrades seem to affect the amount of time it takes to get a Sim fully clean, though they will cut down on an energy/water bill.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,221 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@MzMelonz I agree the showers seem really slow! They work much faster after being upgraded though. Upgrading the showers is pretty much the first thing I do when starting a new house.

Message 2 of 6 (1,244 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Okay, thank you! I will try this. I just never had to do this before. lol
Message 3 of 6 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@MzMelonz I just did some testing it in my game with an expensive shower (Hygiene rating 6) and it took my Sim slightly less time than you are seeing in your game, but still a very long time. That long shower time is a real time killer when trying to get a Sim ready for work or school in the morning!

• With the unmodified shower it took my Sim about 70 game-minutes to go from their hygiene motive being in the red to fully clean.
  • After my Sim installed the "Upgrade the water flow regulator" upgrade the same Sim took about 30 game-minutes to go from red to fully clean.
  • After installing a second upgrade, the "Install pulsating massage jets" upgrade, the same Sim only took about 10 game-minutes to go from red to fully clean.

These are the two upgrades I always install for all stand-up showers in my game. Fortunately, Sims do not need a very high Handiness score to install these two upgrades and the parts are not all that expensive. I generally do not install any of the Eco Lifestyle upgrades unless I'm working on a NAP compliance or if I'm trying to turn a neighborhood Eco footprint to green. None of those other upgrades seem to affect the amount of time it takes to get a Sim fully clean, though they will cut down on an energy/water bill.

Message 4 of 6 (1,222 Views)

★★★★ Guide

These are wonderful details! Thank you so much for going in depth and providing the information that you did. I did notice that the shower time has lessened with the more expensive showers, also. I suppose due to the fact most of my sims have really nice showers that I just wasn't accustomed to the lower to mid end models. 

Thank you so much again. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Message 5 of 6 (1,210 Views)

★★★ Expert

@MzMelonz I also upgrade one or two of the showers at the gyms and yoga studios my Sim likes to visit. When she was at Uni she even upgraded one of the showers at the Foxbury student housing dorm-- then all of her roommates started using only that shower so she had to upgrade the rest of them! Well at least it got some of her grungier roommates to finally take a shower xD

Message 6 of 6 (1,208 Views)