Shopping for a new computer

by maiya3694

Original Post

Re: Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Not yet! I have $350/$670

The reviews are not too good on it though, should I worry about that? There are a lot of one star reviews. Also will the graphics card be able to hold the sims 4+all expansions?

Message 71 of 180 (555 Views)

★★ Pro

Yes it should be capable of running the Sims 4 on high settings, even with Seasons installed.

I do see a lot of 1-star reviews. I don't go by that, I go by what's most recent and they seem to be 4 to 5 stars within the last few months.

It's got a 30-day return policy if you don't like it. If you're still un-sure we can still look some more.

If you'd like I can look some more tomorrow and see what I can find for under $700, and private message you with what I find?

Message 72 of 180 (532 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, thanks. I didn’t know about the return policy, thanks. Just don’t want the computer to stop working after a few years. You can look for a better computer, I am too. I just want to make sure but I do LOVE this computer other than worrying that once I have all the sims 4 expansions and I am starting to add more stuff on the computer that it would be reliable. How do I see private messages?

Message 73 of 180 (518 Views)

★ Guide
I only want a computer recendation thigh if it it better then the original computer :-)
Message 74 of 180 (514 Views)

★★ Pro

I can't promise that the computer won't stop working or have issues. We bought laptops we had issues with, but luckily we had bought from a company that had a 2 year warranty.

The couple/few I've looked at are from Amazon and only come 30-day to maybe a year warranty.

If that's something your concerned with, you might look into purchasing from Best Buy or Walmart. So you can have it shipped to store and if you have any problems, you can take it back to the store.

If you purchase a laptop with only a 256 GB SSD (hard drive), you'll definitely want to look into getting a bigger drive rather quickly, depending on what games and other programs you want to use.

My biggest concern is running out of hard drive space.

How to send a private message - Up by where you login (upper right corner) You have your username and a little triangle by it. Press that to get a list of options. One of those options is your inbox. That's you can send/receive private messages.

Message 75 of 180 (498 Views)

★ Guide
Ok thanks
Message 76 of 180 (492 Views)

★ Guide
Just want to be sure but I do love this computer!!
Message 77 of 180 (490 Views)

★ Guide
Update: $390/$670
Ok LAST TIME I PROMISE!!! In your honest opinion do you honk this would run what I want? Would you get it or another computer??
Message 78 of 180 (470 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

The Dell should run what you want at on high. My main concern is it's hard drive space.

I've found two more to have a look at if you'd like both are under $700.

MSI GL62M Gaming Laptop
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7RD-1407-Performance-SteelSeries/dp/B072QT88DG

- i5-7300HQ (2.5-3.1GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 System Memory
- GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5
- Hard Drive: 256GB SSD
* Can play Sims 4 w/all packs on high.
- Price: $679.00

Almost 1 1/2 year warranty if you register the laptop with MSI. (1 year warranty without)

Can add a bigger hard drive and keep the SSD -- That's a definite plus!!
Mostly positive reviews.

===============

ASUS Gaming Laptop
https://www.amazon.com/8th-Gen-i5-8300H-processor-GeForce-FireCuda/dp/B07BP9QG2J

- i5-8300H processor (up to 3.9GHz)
- 8GB DDR4 System Memory
- GTX 1050 2GB
- 1TB FireCuda Solid State Hybrid Drive
* Can play Sims 4 w/all packs on high.
- Price: $699.00

Warranty from Amazon - 30 return policy.

Mostly positive other than some recent reviews were complaining about the slower hard drive. Lacking the speed of a solid state drive (SSD). Which I have to agree. Having a SSD is awesome speeds up load time no matter what your using.

Between these two I've posted, the Asus would be slightly better. As in slightly better processor and 1 TB hard drive, which is bigger than a 256GB hard drive. However, the 1TB hard drive is slower than the 256 GB SSD (solid state hard drive)

Message 79 of 180 (461 Views)

★ Guide
SO would you buy this computer over the one we were talking about for like the past week?

This one: https://www.amazon.com/8th-Gen-i5-8300H-processor-GeForce-FireCuda/dp/B07BP9QG2J

Compared to last one: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-i5577-5335BLK-PUS-Inspiron-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B06XFGDD8P
Message 80 of 180 (451 Views)