Shopping for a new computer

by maiya3694

Original Post

Re: Sims 4

★ Guide
What about this one, thanks by th way.
( hard to find one not refurbished)
https://www.amazon.com/HP-Elite-8200-SFF-Desktop/dp/B01HSJ2O0Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527687127...
Message 11 of 180 (454 Views)

★ Guide
How about this on? Thanks by the way.
(Hard to find one not refurbished)

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Elite-8200-SFF-Desktop/dp/B01HSJ2O0Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527687127...
Message 12 of 180 (451 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It is a little better but still very old CPU and no dedicated graphics.

It is easy enough finding one that are not refurbished especially if you try looking at other stores than Amazon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 13 of 180 (440 Views)

★ Guide
I will look more. Any suggestions up to $250?
Message 14 of 180 (436 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You will have a hard time finding anything suitable at that price level. Try places like Best Buy and similar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 15 of 180 (423 Views)

★ Guide
Just bad at this stuff, don’t have that much time to get one and can only use up to that price value, so it is not going to be possible to run the game if the last one O posted?
Message 16 of 180 (420 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It likely will run with graphics set to low.

Message 17 of 180 (411 Views)

★ Guide
But will it most likely crash?
Message 18 of 180 (406 Views)

★ Guide
If you find any laptops/drsktops that fall within my budget PLEASE post the link!
Message 19 of 180 (398 Views)

★★ Pro

The desktops you linked to are business type computers, not made for gaming. They may have the processor speed, but like Jpkarlsen mentioned do not have a dedicated video card. They most likely aren't able to take one unless it's a specialized video card and can only take specialized types of power supplies due to how small the case is.

Yes, you will run into crashing, lag and just over all a poor gaming experience due to the computer not having the recommended specs.

You may want to save up some more money. I'd suggest $600 - $1000. This way you can afford something that will meet or exceed recommended specs of the game.

When using integrated graphics, it uses the same computer memory as Windows, Origin, the game and other programs you have on your computer.

It may work great one day and not work the next. This happens a lot with lower end computers. Issues can happen after game patches and Origin updates. The more updates and patches they put out, the more strain it is on the computer. Making it harder for lower end systems to play the game.

It is advised to survive all the game add ons, that you own a computer that meets recommended requirements, as the game is not finished and will have many more packs added to it, requiring a better computer.

Message 20 of 180 (378 Views)