Rif.: Share Your Newest The Sims 4 Creations Here!

by Busmover50

Original Post

Re: Share Your Newest The Sims 4 Creations Here!

Champion

@Busmover50Thank you for your kind words about my church build! ♥ Your lighthouse/island home is lovely... and I agree, that lot is a wonderful, gorgeous location!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 50 of 656 (1,866 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is my newest creation. It's a sunken gardens style Asian restaurant for Mt. Komorebi. 

The restaurant is underwater with glass walls. The surrounding water has fish, ducks & swans and an underwater garden with statues.

There's a custom menu and uniforms for the staff. I also included a wedding venue along with a make out bush and showers.

Message 51 of 656 (1,803 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is an Italian restaurant I created the beginning of the week. 

A romantic beautiful place with custom menu and uniforms. 

No wedding venue but there is room to add one if one wanted to do it. 

Message 52 of 656 (1,792 Views)

Champion

@Busmover50 Your Italian and Asian food/restaurants are lovely! They are so creative and interesting... and both would be lovely atmosphere's to dine in! Heart

Message 53 of 656 (1,805 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR Thanks! I appreciate the comments. I wish they made the Asian dining sets compatible with dine out dlc. But the restaurant requirements doesn't recognize them as dining spots.

That's something I believe programers neglected to address, which they should've!

It's still a good game regardless. 

Message 54 of 656 (1,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Busmover50 I agree... I enjoy the Dine Out pack and making/running restaurants! Interesting... I never noticed that. I know they have some Asian dishes that you can choose to be served/on the menu when you make a restaurant, but it's been a while since I made a new restaurant. I'm not sure I am interpreting your meaning correctly - when you say that the game's not compatible with Asian dining sets, what do you mean by that? Is it something that came with the Snowy Escape pack (such as the low table(s)?

Message 55 of 656 (1,794 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR What I mean is if you put those Asian dining sets down and then go there to eat, clicking on the table won't bring up the request table option so your sim can be seated at the table. So you don't have the options you do with a regular dining tables in the restaurant.

Message 56 of 656 (1,774 Views)

Champion

@Busmover50 That's unfortunate. I just did an experiment, and I removed all of the dining tables and dining chairs for one of my restaurants until it registered as "0" in the seating requirement. Then I added an Asian style dining tables (low table) - which comes by default with seating for four (see first screenshot). The game did not acknowledge these four places to sit and dine as seating for the restaurant!
Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 8.43.31 PM.png

It looks like it's because you don't use chairs for low tables. I say this because I then tried to add s different dining table and as soon as I added a couple of dining chairs to the table the restaurant saw those as seating. However, if I placed two more dining chairs near the table but not snapped into place at the table, the game did not see those as seating for the restaurant:
Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 8.44.54 PM.png

I wonder if that is an oversight. If you want, you could post a thread mentioning this fact, or even see if it is accepted as a bug report? You're welcome to use the screenshots I took.

Message 57 of 656 (1,766 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR Thanks for checking that out. I'll do that. It would be nice if they could fix that so we could have an authentic Asian restaurant using the correct seating sets.

Message 58 of 656 (1,760 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR 

I was going to report that bug until I saw all the stuff they want to know. It's to much for me to want to tackle. Sorry.

Message 59 of 656 (1,753 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help