Rif.: Share Your Newest The Sims 4 Creations Here!

by valohim666

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888 I rarely ever try creating myself in these games, but what you said about the beards reminded me of how it is at least a little more simple to create myself since I can hide some of my inability to make sims behind a beard lol. Just kinda stinks that I can't recreate the type of beard I actually have, not in the base game anyway which is all I have. I would need something in the game that resembles the 2022 version of Korn singer Jonathan Davis for the beard, along with chin hair that resembles Scott Ian of Anthrax. Actually now that I think about it, if someone were to create Jonathan Davis it wouldn't be too far off from my own look lol.

Message 11 of 70 (1,638 Views)

Champion

@valohim666 , my oldest brother is so easy to make in game... just give him a Van * and make him bald, give him my eyes but a different color and then the only thing that is somewhat difficult is his nose. (I'm not the best with noses in the game!).  

Yeah, sometimes you need a certain kind of beard to convey a certain look!  And those artists have quite the beards! Raised eyebrow 😄

Same goes with hairstyles.  I used to have bangs and there was a hairstyle that was pretty much how I wore my hair for years.... but I got tired of the bangs and grew them out and now I can't find a hairstyle that looks like mine Oops😅

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 70 (1,632 Views)

Champion

Since several of you liked Kailee so much, here is the closeup of her Formal outfit.  I know a lot of people don't like very vibrant makeup, but I thought it went with the gorgeous dress! 🥰

05-27-22_3-11-15 AM.png

Here is another Everyday outfit of hers that I really like
05-27-22_3-10-31 AM.png

And the closeup:
05-27-22_3-10-39 AM.png

And one of her Hot Weather looks

05-27-22_3-21-43 AM.png

There are more, but I don't want to flood y'all! 😂  I also have some pictures of a couple I made with the new Moonlight Chic Kit, but I will post them on another day! 😉

Message 13 of 70 (1,629 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888 Isn't it nice when you want to create someone from the real world, and they're not that hard to make? Like in your brother's case it sounds like the nose is the only real difficult part. Noses are always a pain to do anyway, I stink at them too and I'm sure a lot of others will as well.

I feel I look weird without facial hair and long hair. I probably look like I belong in some metal band, and I doubt I look like the type of person to play a Sims game, but yeah I just don't like the shape of my face so long hair and a big beard helps hide it lol. Sounds like both of us would have to rely on CC if we wanted an accurate look in game. That is one really nice thing about playing on PC or Mac, then again sometimes finding good quality CC can be hard especially since some people like to hide the actual quality with screenshots that were edited to make them look nicer. Like you'll see an image of a sim that looks like a model, then you get it in the game and it looks nothing like the screenshot.

Message 14 of 70 (1,784 Views)

Champion

@valohim666 , well we all have things we don't like about ourselves.  And even when making a SimsSelf there are 2 ways to go about it -- either dead-on accuracy (as much as possible) , or making ourselves what we wished we looked like! 🤣

The great thing about the Sims is that multiple generations and personalities play it!  Party hat  Not many video games can say that! Raised eyebrow

While I play on a PC, I don't use Mods/CC .  I hate maintenance and am too easily distracted by CC .  I used to play with CC in TS2 and a mod or two as well as CC in TS3.  But some CC caused problems, so I deleted all mods and CC .  And that was for the best since TS3 had difficulty running anyway.  So, I never wanted to have to go through that again, so when TS4 came out, I avoided both Mods and CC.  But it is nice to know I have that option!🥳  I have a relative that plays on console and they are limited. 😓

Ah, sounds like some CC creators are doing the old "bait & switch"! 😧😠

Message 15 of 70 (1,771 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888 Another huge problem with any sort of mods/CC for Sims 4 is that there seems to be so many frequent updates, and with so many updates means the potential for those mods/CC to become outdated and if the creators don't update then what do you do? Plus there are mods that can potentially mess up a save if you remove them, so what happens if you have a mod like that and it doesn't get updated? Then you have to deal with compatibility, not only with the mods and your game version but with compatibility between mods.

I think that's one of the main reasons I stopped playing my PC version and just stuck with it on Xbox. Sure I could add mods on PC, even created a few myself to tweak things I didn't like, but at times I just get tired of dealing with mods. If I remember correctly, my PC version hasn't even been updated since Island Living released or possibly even before that.

Some creators seem to edit their screenshots to deceive, while others use a bunch of other CC to make their sims look a certain way though they never mention the other CC. Unfortunately it seems some people just want downloads, and they don't seem to care what it takes to get them.

@daikoyu You bring up another good point about mods/CC, and that's the people that hide them behind paywalls. When I was really into mods and whatnot for this game, there was nothing that annoyed me more than looking for something only to find that I had to be a part of someone's Patreon or other similar thing just to access their content. Heck I won't even buy the various packs for the game, I play the base game, so what makes these people think I'm going to pay them for a file or two? lol

Message 16 of 70 (1,746 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I was feeling inspired, and since I recently finished watching (and reading) Heartstopper, I thought I would recreate Nick and Charlie. I tried to mix the originals with the looks of the actors in the Netflix series, so Nick is blonder but retains Kit Connor's freckles, and Charlie has olive skin but with Joe Locke's full lips. Are you familiar with Heartstopper?

Nick-Charlie.jpg

Nick.jpg

Charlie.jpg

@valohim666 I don't use CC when I post something in the gallery, because I prefer that the majority of players can download the content I created. I also try to use as few expansion packs as possible, again for the same reason. Is this limiting? Sometimes yes, especially the eye color (which I find a bit flat and too opaque), but I still prefer to work only with original Maxis material.

Message 17 of 70 (1,725 Views)

★★★ Pro

@GiardiniDiMarzoNever heard of this series, but I think your sims are beautiful.  Are both teens in the series? They remember me of teens!

Message 18 of 70 (1,710 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@daikoyu Yeah, they're teens both in the graphic novel and in the series. I made them YA so they can be roommates. It's a coming of age story very sweet and positive.
Message 19 of 70 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

So, I'm doing a huge sprawling rotational save right now that I call ROTATION OF INSANITY Wink (because I have too many families, really, too many... I'm playing the EA townies whose lore I tweaked, and some of my custom townies as well) so I'm mainly doing age-ups.  BUT!

This handsome young man looked terrifyingly bad on age up, believe it or not.  (He's an alien, but he always wears a disguise to look like his dad...)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/980719833446494228/unknown.png

Here he is as a child, with a whim to be friendly with his Dad...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/980702889540476938/unknown.png

This is the actual genetic child of Eric Lewis and Alice Spencer-Kim. I named her Vivian Kim-Lewis:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/980356601670160384/unknown.png

And this is what I did with Olivia Kim-Lewis when she aged up to teen

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/966611885145329674/unknown.png

She's now in the Britechester Students household.  They're not in Uni yet, but during the rotation, if someone reaches Uni age, they move out into the uni students household and I'm going to have them live on campus together. I recently did this with the most unlikely roomies/friends ever, Malcolm Landgraab and my Sim Jennie, who studied Culinary Arts and has the good and cheerful traits.  LOL. Despite their traits being a trainwreck (Malcolm is evil and a snob) it worked well! so here's the current Britechester Students household (that's a different young man than above, this one is a vampire and dating Cassandra, lol).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/735942485385412660/980581347473117194/unknown.png

I also uploaded some "tweaks" to the gallery. They're nothing too exciting, just Sims that come with the game with their kids edited so they look "normal" on age up.

Watson: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A025AFC6DFA211EC842BBE628091EA4B?category=al...

"Old" Goth:  https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/39B06761DFA211EC8200BE628091EA4B?category=al...

Delgato, all I did was tweak Evie: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5C548047DFA211EC82ADBE628091EA4B?category=al...

Sigworth:  https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7CDAEAA3DFA211EC8340BE628091EA4B?category=al...

Message 20 of 70 (1,691 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help