Shadow on windows with half walls

by spideywideys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Shadow on windows with half walls

★★★★ Novice

Hey, everybody.

I was working on a build when I noticed that the half walls seem to cast a shadow on some windows. After some testing, I realized that it's more windows than I thought and it's any size half wall that seems to cause the shadow issue.

I attached a couple pictures of the visual issue ; I don't know if I'm the first one to report this, but I wanted to put something in just to be sure that it's documented ( I guess is the word you'd say )

Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Shadow on windows with half walls

[ Edited ]
Champion

@spideywideys Looking at your screenshots I noticed that the half walls and windows are incorrectly set. You are probably using the MOO cheat (bb.moveobjects on) Looking at the windows you use for this build I think you won't be able to place them this close without using MOO. In a normal build you will not be able to build a wall into a window. And so, you won't be able to do this in the Sims 4. Therefore, it is not a bug but a build error you made. When you move the wall or the windows into the right position this graphic issue will dissolve itself. 

Here is a screenshot to show how you can solve this issue: 

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-20 123555.png

The best way to solve your issue is to set the wall like the center wall in the screenshot.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)

All Replies

@spideywideys

This is the General Discussion and Feedback forum. If you believe it's a bug you should make a bug report in the bug forum https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

BUT, please check the compiled list first as your issue may have already been reported. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#M13006...

If you find an already existing report, or you start a new one, please include as much information as possible about your computer - specs, operating system, as this may be a simple graphics issue with your GPU. If it is determined that the issue is not a bug but an issue local to your machine, your thread may be moved to one of the tech forums, depending on which platform you are on.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (340 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@spideywideys Looking at your screenshots I noticed that the half walls and windows are incorrectly set. You are probably using the MOO cheat (bb.moveobjects on) Looking at the windows you use for this build I think you won't be able to place them this close without using MOO. In a normal build you will not be able to build a wall into a window. And so, you won't be able to do this in the Sims 4. Therefore, it is not a bug but a build error you made. When you move the wall or the windows into the right position this graphic issue will dissolve itself. 

Here is a screenshot to show how you can solve this issue: 

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-20 123555.png

The best way to solve your issue is to set the wall like the center wall in the screenshot.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks!

I should have known to try it out without move objects on, but I was working on a big build so it really didn't hit that that could have been the issue.

Message 4 of 4 (292 Views)