Re: Servo takes too long to download enhancements

by kreatora

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Mine took several days!! If they don’t fix it I’m not sure I’ll play with more servos. 

Message 11 of 15 (1,452 Views)

★ Apprentice

This also happened in my game.  My servo kept running out of charge and hardly anything downloaded.  I did figure out though if you build servo's skills they can upgrade a lot faster without needing to download enhancements.  

Message 12 of 15 (1,384 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Servo is just a sim but looking different. It works on the same principle as any other sim in the game. Therefore, servo upgrades take the same amount of time as teaching a particular skill to your sim. This should be accelerated by devs but nobody thought about it.

Message 13 of 15 (1,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Problem somewhat solved!  While it is true that Servo takes forever to upgrade, all one needs to to to bypass the work while maintaining Servo is to first turn on the cheat counsel (Ctrl+Shift+c) and enter the cheat "testingcheats true."  Once the counsel is on, hold Shift and click on Servo.  If you shut off Motive decay, Servo can devote all its time to Enhancement without needing to maintain Servo.  This cheat is also optimal if you want Servo to run around in water, but I have yet to test that theory.  Enjoy!

Message 14 of 15 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Novice

I might be incorrect, but this is how I believe this works:

Servo gains enhancement progress while gaining skills. Once you hit 100% enhancement, you can upgrade. If however Servo has all skills maxed or you just don't want to worry about skilling up, you can choose to increase their enhancement percentage by 'downloading enhancements.' This is why the times vary for each player (because each player is at a different enhancement level) and why it takes so long (it would take as long if you were building skills). It's meant to supplement the skill building, not replace it, but if you choose to use it to replace then it's going to take a long time. It's not broken.

Message 15 of 15 (919 Views)