Re: Servo takes too long to download enhancements

by stv_strm

Original Post

Servo takes too long to download enhancements

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest patch for discovery university
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? every stuff pack game pack and expansion pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? you can't its more a complaint or questionable problem
What happens when the bug occurs? bot taking too long to download enhancement data
What do you expect to see? I expected it not to take more then a day sim time to do update enhancements... more then a day sim time is ridiculous and if this was an intended thing then the one who had that bright idea is not the brightest crayon in the box... I got this new expansion pack because of the servo but now I am going to ditch them due to the time it takes to enhance them so you can do the module updates, then it won't let me get more then two modules even though I have the servo at level 4... it has only allowed me to do two and according to what I read I should be able to get one more by this level....
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I uninstalled game.... moved mods to a different hard drive and started a complete vanilla game with no mods or cc at all and a fresh install of all game files so no corrupt files would be in the folders and still it takes more then a week sim time to download enhancements and won't allow me the 3rd module for level 4..

Ok if it more or is everyone having issues with the servo's taking far too long to download enhancements so you can do the module updates... I figured no more then a sim day to download the enhancements but a week or more sim times is flat out unacceptable... I hope this is a glitch that they plan to fix because the main reason I got this expansion was for the servo's and if this is how they are going to be I wasted my money.... who wants to play with bots who take so long to do the required updates so you can install new modules... anyone else having this issue

Message 1 of 15 (11,959 Views)

Hero
@sundancr Moving this to general discussion as feedback as you said it's a complaint/questionable problem more than a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (11,866 Views)

★★ Apprentice

A Sim Day to 'Download Enhancement Data'?  wow, wish mine was that FAST!  ... 4 days and it's barely moved ... having to cheat it's needs else it would have died long ago ... what a moronic decision to make it take this long!  I'm probably going to ditch my Servo Bot - such a let down ... but then having discovered this version of University gives the Sims zero benefit (other than a little boost over the 'Connections' trait) ... pretty pointless for a 'Stay-At-Home' sim ... Sims 2 & 3 gave you a genuine reason to go to University (an upgraded Sim) - the best thing about this pack, in my opinion, is the clothing - best clothing pack period.

Message 3 of 15 (11,820 Views)

★★ Guide

It's taking me 4 or more days for one enhancement download cycle, that's entirely way too long. 

Message 4 of 15 (11,781 Views)

★★ Novice

Way to long, need to shorten the time.

Message 5 of 15 (11,704 Views)

★★ Guide

The first enhancement download took 5 in game days to complete, the second one started downloading data at 2PM on Thursday, it finished 1:43AM the following week. That kind of sucked all of the fun right out of my game... Frown

Message 6 of 15 (11,693 Views)

★ Apprentice

thank you for bringing this up...its taken 4 sim days for mine to go 2%.

Message 7 of 15 (11,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I too found this way too long, I used and just cheated a 10 skill to max (while he was downloading upgrade) and voila instant download! You can always reset to skill back to where it was if you want to play without cheats. Hope this helps you out.

edit: just a quick edit, I updated to MCCC 6.6.3 and servo cheats are not available, so use 6.6.2 until that is fixed.

(Removed links, lets keep to official sites only) - Atic  

Message 8 of 15 (11,453 Views)

★ Guide

thank you for bringing this up. Have tried with my servo but hardly anything happens.

Message 9 of 15 (11,366 Views)

★ Apprentice

i am waiting for MCCC to add the servo functionality -- when it does that will help...honestly, a good trick to add would be a cheat for shortening phases like they had in BG for crafting?

Message 10 of 15 (11,344 Views)