Selling from inventory

by RealSibuscus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Selling from inventory

★★★★★ Novice

Today I wanted to thank the developers for this cool mechanic where If you want to sell a specific number of items from your inventory, it's going to take you 15 minutes. I really enjoy this so much that I had to come here and thank everyone who has foreseen this issue and has worked on it. I have a stack of many apples and want to sell 40, 50, heck maybe even 60. So, how can I do that? Well, of course, I can drag them one by one into the sell box, and then, I can't even press Enter to confirm it, I have to move the mouse and confirm it. This was so fun for me, that I decided to make a video showcasing this feature. Hope everyone enjoys using this one, thanks EA. 

Message 1 of 8 (593 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Selling from inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, duplicate post.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (479 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, duplicate post.

Message 2 of 8 (480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@HawksdaughterYea, great, that saves 0.5 seconds each time, great. Instead of wasting 5 minutes per 500 stack, I can do it in 3, how great

Message 3 of 8 (462 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you click on the item while in multiselect, they will ALL highlight, then you go below and click sell, they will ALL sell. Or you can click 2 or 3 to un-highlight if you want to keep a few. This does work, and only takes a few seconds per item. Again, i case I didn't explain it clearly,

Click multiselect

Click item qty. 

Click item again

What you want to sell should show in another panel above and attached to your inventory.

Click 'SELL' to sell all highlighted items.

Message 4 of 8 (447 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Hawksdaughter Oh, dont worry, I understood that part. it's still not efficient enough, like I said it's maybe 30% better than what I did before. It's still a hustle to click on 300 items, okay? I have a lot of plants.
Message 5 of 8 (439 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

But you shouldn't have to click on 300 plants, that's what I'm obviously not explaining right. Are they appearing above when you click on the tiny qty button? If so, then go back down into inventory and click 1 time on the item itself, the main square. That should cause them all to highlight and no more clicking except the sell button.

Since I must be terrible and not using the right terminology, here's a link that you might take a look at.

https://sherigr.com/gameplay-tips/sims-4-inventory/

Message 6 of 8 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@HawksdaughterOkay, how about this: Get 500 items and try selling 300 of them. Then you'll know what I mean. Afterwards, imagine doing that weekly for multiple item types

Message 7 of 8 (404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually do it all the time. Nearly all of my sims garden, some in a big way. At the end of a sim week or so, (sooner if he needs the simoleons) the crops get sold, and doesn't take much time at all, not nearly the time you're describing. Sorry, but if the game method the way it's set up to do this isn't working for you, something might be wrong in your game. I'm out of ideas.

Message 8 of 8 (390 Views)