Re: Seems to Lack Progress or Progression in Career

by RavenLure

Original Post

Seems to Lack Progress or Progression in Career

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to work, Magic Real, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration pack and Grims Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? get to the Legal Career Level three Legal secretary/ File court documents.. not sure if you wanted to finish the schooling for that got the diploma to prove it from Britchester.
What happens when the bug occurs? She does the work on the computer as she has done in the prior levels but no matter how long she works at it or what computer or location It does not even say anything other than not started......
What do you expect to see? for my sim to complete to daily task... in this case to File Court Documents.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

She started her career and tonight and I am on level three. I had no issues prior to level three.. all the daily tasks were completed as they  were suppose too, until I got to level three. I tried doing an in game Reset, did not work... soI have  deleted the exceptions and the  thumb nail.. and restarted my computer....Still did not work.. I then  uninstalled the mods... did not work so here i am..it still not working... Ok I wanted to do one more thing before submitting this.. .. It did show complete when it was completed.. but  it did not show .. the normal Just Started and then the percentages  until it was completed. it would make one think that the sim was not actually completing their daily's.. so i will still submit this  in hopes it can be looked into.

Message 1 of 10 (672 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RavenLure Did you also test both without mods/cc installed ? Have you added anything new when it stopped working ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (628 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict yes to taking out the mods not the CC and no did not add anything to it I played through career levels 1 clear up to three in one sitting... nothing added... but it did complete.. I found in the end but never showed that it was being in progress.. like ..... Just Started...... 25% done etc... it went from Not Started to Complete.
Message 3 of 10 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RavenLure Could be similar to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Homework-timer-doesn-t-progress/m-p/8534852 although I tested file court documents since that bug was introduced for homework and didn't have any issues.

Do you feel it took longer than before ?

Could you also test on a completely vanilla game (no cc either)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (615 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict no but it was annoying cause I did not think the daily for the career was advancing so I had to stop game play and do all sorts of tests...
Message 5 of 10 (611 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure I did some more looking around and testing and I think you're reporting the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-DU-Law-Career-Daily-Task-needs-to-be-done-in-one-go/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (583 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict yes but I did not cancel anything.. also I am on the level 4 of the career and one of the dailies is to Offer Legal Representation. .. it still does not show progression in this progress and also I have asked like 8 sims and it is still not complete.. not sure how many it will take to complete.
Message 7 of 10 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RavenLure Did the timer for the file documents show progression ?

Same for this new one ?

EDIT: I tried that new one you have issue with and for me, it jumped to Just started as soon as I successfully acquired a client. Did the 8 sim agree becoming your client ?

EDIT EDIT: For 25% I needed 3 Sims agreeing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (551 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I did get many clients after I posted but it took for ever it jumped from not started to done.. the same with File Court Documents.. it just shows when completed not started and no progression.. .. But good news.. she is on 10 .. yay me ..sorry I would have posted sooner but seems like she had a mind of her own slept with a neighbors husband had risky woohoo.. and was eating for two.. go figure... anywhoo it is all still happening but not as worried since I reached level 10.. and I think she is going to have a young adult mid life crises.. or get back with an old flame.. not sure.. any thoughts? LOLOL
Message 9 of 10 (475 Views)

Hero
@RavenLure The file for documents is not a bug as linked above (you have the progression timer that tells you how much more you have to do).

As for the client. that's strange that you didn't see progress. Maybe it was too fast in succession ? For me it wen to just started after 1 client and then to 25% after 3 clients. Didn't try further.

As you were successful now, I'm going to move this to General Discussion.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (445 Views)