Re: Screenshots

by JMwonderland

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Screenshots

★★★ Novice

Where did my screenshots and photos go? Everytime i use the camera i can't find them in the screenshots folder not even when the sim takes a photo of themselves using the camera...so please someone help me 

Message 1 of 4 (929 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@JMwonderland 
Ideally all screenshots taken in game go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots unless directed otherwise.
To verify where they are saved go into game options and the "Screen Capture" tab. The "location path" is where the game sends the images.
If you are connected to any type of cloud save like iCloud or OneDrive for example your screenshots and/or game data could be going there.
Simply correct the path in the game options and that should solve any future problems.

To find missing screenshots you could try a search on your computer.
Screenshot names usually start with the date they are taken. Using that first part of the name you should be able to find your missing images.
Example:  08-28-19_12-44-46 AM

-EQ Avid Sims Player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (915 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@JMwonderland 
Ideally all screenshots taken in game go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots unless directed otherwise.
To verify where they are saved go into game options and the "Screen Capture" tab. The "location path" is where the game sends the images.
If you are connected to any type of cloud save like iCloud or OneDrive for example your screenshots and/or game data could be going there.
Simply correct the path in the game options and that should solve any future problems.

To find missing screenshots you could try a search on your computer.
Screenshot names usually start with the date they are taken. Using that first part of the name you should be able to find your missing images.
Example:  08-28-19_12-44-46 AM

-EQ Avid Sims Player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 4 (916 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks i removed google photos and it works now thanks so much for your help! I hope you have a lovely day ☺✌

Message 3 of 4 (889 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JMwonderland wrote:

Thanks i removed google photos and it works now thanks so much for your help! I hope you have a lovely day ☺✌

Very happy to see you found your screenshots Standard smile  
I will add Google photos to the list of places to look for them.

Happy Simming

-EQ

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 4 of 4 (876 Views)