Re: Screenshot manager bug?

by blissnirvana

Original Post

Screenshot manager bug?

★ Apprentice

So lately I've been having this problem with a few households in the Sims 4 where I'll get a constant notification saying "Your pictures can be viewed in Screenshot Manager, which is found within the Camera Options in Live Mode" but it's just one notification, it's constant notifications. And it doesn't stop, and what's weird is I don't even know how to screenshot on Sims. But it gets constant for one household until it fills up the notification limit before trashing it. I'm not sure if it's the update, I updated most of my mods, and cleared my cache, so I'm not sure if that is also an issue.

Message 1 of 5 (428 Views)

Champion
@blissnirvana Is one of the Sims in your household taking a lot of pictures or working on his/her photographic skills? Because these pictures will also appear in one of the Sims folders. When you play on a windows pc, you should be able to find them here: \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots. If you play with another OS you should check the Sims 4 folder for screenshot.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 5 (413 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, none of my sims take pictures or have photography skills, and I do not take pictures nor do the sims take pictures as well. It starts to happen right after I pause the game to go do something, that's when the redundant notifications came up. Is there any way I could turn it off because I don't really care for it?

Message 3 of 5 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@blissnirvanaYou could try to delete the localthumbcache.package from the \Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder. It might solve the issue of these redundant notifications about screenshots.

Edit:  Did you get a last exceptions notification too at the same time? And if so do you have better exceptions installed, by any change? 

The effect you mention could also be related to an outdated mod.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 5 (379 Views)

★ Apprentice

I usually get last exceptions mod but not at the same time as those notifications come up. And I do have better exceptions installed as well, I think it might be outdated tooFrown

Message 5 of 5 (370 Views)