Re: Saving Games Sucks

by wallisdj

Original Post

Save Game Dialog (Patch 1.73) Discussion

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The recent change to saving games really is the worst idea ever conceived. Barely manageable. Forced to enter a new name. Searching for old saves (I have some 15 saves) is a chore. The old tile system worked very well.

Who do we get to shout curses to for mucking up another part of the game?

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (983 Views)

Champion

@wallisdj Hello!  I agree with the sentiment, though I might have worded it a bit differently. Standard smile  I don't like the new load menu at all.  The tile system was much better.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 19 (972 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@wallisdj

It's basically the same thing. Just listed vertically one per row instead of four per row. Smaller.

At first glance, I kinda like it.
Message 3 of 19 (967 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps One big concern for me is the delete button is way too close to the play button.  I'm worried I'll be one of the people who accidentally deletes a save. lol

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 19 (963 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, disagree. With the tile system, the name of the game automatically was entered when I deleted the old game and was ready to change the name of the new save. Unnecessary typing and hassle trying to keep the games organized.

Message 5 of 19 (935 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Wording it differently? Agree. But EA was just the straw that broke the camel's back today. Insensitive on the part of EA.

Didn't get an answer to directly complain, yet.

Message 6 of 19 (934 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wallisdj 

Could you enlighten me on where it is you are forced to enter a new name when saving. I have not been able to find anywhere where that happens. The saves are listed after date so if you you look for that it is quick to find and scrolling through only 15 saves is fast. Try 50. Standard smileI do agree with @JonaO703 that the play and delete buttons are too close together.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 19 (923 Views)

Hero
I have to agree with this new menu being bad. For me it's mostly the play button and the delete button being right next to each other.

Made a tweet about it yesterday: https://twitter.com/crinrict/status/1387091328333406213 that has gotten > 450 likes so far (I don't think I've ever gotten that many on any tweet I made) so it seems it's a shared sentiment.

Really hope they consider changing this again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (904 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Save game as

The new name is completely blank.

You may like scrolling, but after I have played one game and to save, I could quickly scroll to the tile that was the oldest played and delete it. Then, where the new name used to be, the name of the save was existent. All I had to do was type 1 or 2 keystrokes to change the name of the save and save it.

My saved games consist of seven (7) characters plus a plus 1 numbering system. Sure. I can copy and paste the name of the old file, but I usually save my one an only copy for book titles because it is a pain to have to type a new name for each book that comes out.

The tiles showed almost all the saved games in one view. Now, I have to  scroll down a complete list. Waste of time!

This change was completely unnecessary. It irks me to know end that these "engineers" changed something that was not broke. That was easy to use. That was easy to organize.

There are a number of other problems (mostly minor, a few major) that need addressing. Changing the save process was not one of them.

Message 9 of 19 (883 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@wallisdj 

By default the new name in Save As is prefilled with "My Savegame XX" where XX is the next available number. If you do not see this I suspect you have a broken Mod that you need to update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 19 (872 Views)