Re: Same gable/half-gable roof pitch causes exterior paint to be visible on inte

by tinyastrogeist

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Same gable/half-gable roof pitch causes exterior paint to be visible on interior

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a two-story home in which the second floor is smaller than the first. Place a gabled roof on the top floor and a half-gabled roof on the exposed part of the bottom floor. Adjust the half-gabled roof until it matches the height/pitch of the full gabled roof on the second floor (i.e. the roof pieces appear as if they are one continuous roof piece). Paint the roof.
What happens when the bug occurs? Adjusting roofs to matching pitch causes any exterior paint on the roof to be visible on the interior, as though the interior walls do not exist.
What do you expect to see? Roof paint to not be visible on interior when roof heights match
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

TS4_x64 2021-03-16 10-33-31.png

(Apologies for forgetting to turn off the UI in my screenshots.)

This happens with any house I build, not just this one. The half-gabled bit is separated into 3 pieces, with those on either side of the protruding second floor matching the full-gable roof being the ones where the exterior paint is shown inside. All eaves are pulled back as to not overlap, although it happens regardless. Deleting and replacing the roof pieces also does not make a difference. Copying the unaffected middle piece and adjusting it accordingly APPEARS to work, but if I go down a floor and then back up, the bug reoccurs. I've tried re-drawing the interior walls, but the game recognizes they are already there. Bulldozing and replacing the lot from my library also does nothing. This also happens with lots placed from the gallery. Please let me know if you have other questions.

Message 1 of 6 (1,184 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Same gable/half-gable roof pitch causes exterior paint to be visible on inte

@tinyastrogeist 

Thanks Standard smile I managed to fix it by moving the half gabled roof down one click then back up again. This made the wall reappear properly. I then adjusted the eave on the one side of the gabled roof up one click to make the roof look continuous.

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 18.37.20.png

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 18.40.56.png

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 18.37.34.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,128 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

TS4_x64 2021-03-16 10-33-46.png

(Second screenshot wasn't showing in first post)

Message 2 of 6 (1,182 Views)

@tinyastrogeist

Can you upload that lot to the gallery so I can download and play around with it?

Can you not apply paint to the internal walls?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 3 of 6 (1,142 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

It's uploaded to the gallery now under my username. No, I cannot paint the interior walls; the game paints the roof piece instead. It's like the game stops "seeing" the walls at all unless the roof height is adjusted to be different on the first and second floors.

Message 4 of 6 (1,132 Views)

@tinyastrogeist 

Thanks Standard smile I managed to fix it by moving the half gabled roof down one click then back up again. This made the wall reappear properly. I then adjusted the eave on the one side of the gabled roof up one click to make the roof look continuous.

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 18.37.20.png

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 18.40.56.png

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 18.37.34.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 6 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Large smile I can't believe I didn't think of that. I was so frustrated I guess I completely overlooked it. Worked perfectly. Thank you!

Message 6 of 6 (1,120 Views)