Safety of Promoting Sim to Playable

by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Safety of Promoting Sim to Playable

★★★★ Guide

I just retired a Sim, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it’s still safe to just promote a Sim the old fashioned way. Because it says ‘Promote to playable’, not just ‘Promote’ and I thought maybe that was different, that it might get me stuck in this loop. Didn’t think of that before I retired my guy.☝️

Message 1 of 6 (789 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Safety of Promoting Sim to Playable

Hero
@CharlieDaisy12 It's only the text that has been changed. The functionality of making a Sim playable is the same. It's all good as long as you avoid making playable Sims passive. You've read the bug reports 🙂

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (784 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@CharlieDaisy12 It's only the text that has been changed. The functionality of making a Sim playable is the same. It's all good as long as you avoid making playable Sims passive. You've read the bug reports 🙂

Message 2 of 6 (785 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes, thanks for noticing. Definitely doesn’t hurt to  be sure, though. 

Message 3 of 6 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SalixCat I’m sorry. I must have missed something? If I may Sims passive, I can’t make them playable again? 

Message 4 of 6 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@AmySupFan  This is strictly concerning retiring a Sim and promoting another one, just like we’ve always done. If you’re doing that, you’re 100% fine. 

But I thought it was the new prompt, which I now know it is, and I was reluctant to get involved with it, even though I’m not switching anyone here, just retiring one person and promoting someone else. As SalixCat has pointed out, doing things the old way is still working fine. It is not affected by this. 
Hope that helps!👍

Message 5 of 6 (736 Views)

Hero

@AmySupFan It's one of the main features introduced in the last update. You can read about it here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/news/royal-romance-update?setLocale=en-us

Unfortunately it is causing a lot of trouble. Take a look at the bug reports and you'll see Frown

Message 6 of 6 (725 Views)