Original Post

Accepted Solution

[SW] Red and Black Kyber Crystals make the same Lightsaber

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Replace a Red Kyber Crystal with a Black Kyber Crystal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lightsaber is still Red.
What do you expect to see? Lightsaber change colour? Not sure though, this might be on purpose.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Got Star Wars pack.

I don't know whether this is a bug or intentional, I just wanted to check either way!

I am having a really good time on Batuu please let me do more with my Gonk Droid though

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (11,670 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [SW] Red and Black Kyber Crystals make the same Lightsaber

★★ Novice

No glitch here, it's intentional. Most of the content in Batuu is based on Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland, and when you build a lightsaber there, the rare black crystals make the blade red. Basically, the black crystal is essentially just a collector's item in game and in real life. I was googling all the different colors available in the game when I found this post so I'm glad I was able to help clear that up for you. ^^ I hope you have a fantastic time playing, and may the Force be with you mon ami!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (11,455 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

No glitch here, it's intentional. Most of the content in Batuu is based on Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland, and when you build a lightsaber there, the rare black crystals make the blade red. Basically, the black crystal is essentially just a collector's item in game and in real life. I was googling all the different colors available in the game when I found this post so I'm glad I was able to help clear that up for you. ^^ I hope you have a fantastic time playing, and may the Force be with you mon ami!

Message 2 of 7 (11,456 Views)

★★★ Novice

This made me sad as heck. The first thing I found digging through a trash pile was the black kyber crystal. I did missions so I could get that hilt, and popped it in....and was sooo disappointed. I mean, white, yellow and purple work, black should too. 

Message 3 of 7 (10,723 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I agree. What's the point if it's not actually black? Very frustrating. 

Message 4 of 7 (10,702 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The pack just feels like a sell out. But not knowing the agreement or situation between EA and Disney I find myself trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

If they are unable or unwilling to make the black crystal actually black, they could at least make it's flavor text the same as the tag that comes with the black crystal at the theme park. The one that explains where the particular crystal was obtained and that it will appear red.

Message 5 of 7 (10,569 Views)

Black Kyber Crystal makes a Red Light Saber

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a black kyber crystal
What happens when the bug occurs? A red blade occurs
What do you expect to see? If I use a specific colored kyber crystal, the light saber blade should be that color. Otherwise what is the point?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

If this is intentional then I am sorely disappointed.

Message 6 of 7 (6,594 Views)

Re: Black Kyber Crystal makes a Red Light Saber

Hero
@ArcherAngelo Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (6,584 Views)