SIMS4Pets Dachshund Body

by RebeccaLoveJoy

Original Post

SIMS4Pets Dachshund Body

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA,

I am a longtime Sims player, and have been highly anticipating the SIMS4 Pets pack. I am a dachshund LOVER, and I was a little bit excited to see that dachshund would be one of the breeds for S4Pets. I was also super excited that the pets would be super customize-able, so I could make all my dream doxies and live out my dream doxie life! The dachshunds DO have the eyes, nose, and ears, but their bodies make me so sad that I wont use them. I thought customize-able meant I could change anything! I CANNOT adjust their legs, or the length of their body. (long legs, and short body for a dachshund??) Please consider adding more features on the pet that we can customize, or please redesign the dachshund. I am very disappointed. 

Thank you!

Longtime Fan,

Rebecca

Message 1 of 10 (4,333 Views)

Re: SIMS4Pets Dachshund Body

★★★★★ Newbie

Not trying to hijack your thread, I thought my problem was similar to yours.

Please also add Pomeranian's, Unless I'm blind and they are already available. Standard smile happy simming

Message 2 of 10 (4,321 Views)

Champion

@RebeccaLoveJoy, this is especially sad since Dachshunds are not the only dogs to have short legs and a long body since Basset Hounds, PBGVs, and about half of the Terriers have short legs and long bodies! ShockedDevil

@CallienteMami, while I haven't looked for Pomeranians yet, I'll take your word for it!  I also like Poms and was hoping they'd be in the game! Devil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 10 (4,309 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I also love Dauchshunds, and I found it really bizarre that they look nothing like real dachshunds. Also, the German Shepards need a more slanted body.
Message 4 of 10 (4,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CallienteMamiThere are Pomeranians in the game! Shocked:eahigh_file: There are 2 different haircuts for them!  I'll try to find pictures for you. Wink

@mango_ariyyyyes, the Dachshunds and Basset Hounds, and Scottish Terriers look a bit off because their legs are too long and their bodies aren't long enough!  And I agree with you in that German Shepherd Dogs need a more slanted body, as they are known for that!  As they are now, they look more like Belgian Shepherds! Oops

Reply edited to add pictures:     I took some pics in CAP of the two Pomeranian styles. 

Message 5 of 10 (4,253 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I didn't know there were Basset Hounds in the game!
Message 6 of 10 (4,246 Views)

Champion

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw them!  Maybe you didn't notice them because they didn't have short legs and long bodies?  I'll have to make sure ... 

Message 7 of 10 (4,242 Views)

Champion

@mango_ariyyyI'm so sorry!Oops  I was wrong Embarrassed and you are right -- there aren't any Basset Hounds in the game! ShockedDevil  I could have sworn I saw one!  Raised eyebrow  Thanks for bringing that to my attention! Standard smile  I was planning on making a female Basset named Ginger after a childhood toy I had, but now I will have to play around with constructing one from a Beagle or maybe a Beagle / Bloodhound mix.  It still won't look right since the legs will be too short, but we have to work with what we got! Wink  Thanks again! 

Message 8 of 10 (4,235 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Aw, I wanted to make my childhood pet named Tiffany, who is a Dachshund. Maybe in the near future, they'll add a few more breeds and fix some.
Message 9 of 10 (4,223 Views)

Champion

I would hope so!  It seems odd not to include a well-known breed like the Basset Hound, and the most distinguishing feature of a Dachshund is long low body and short legs!  It is not like it is a rare breed and we don't know what it is supposed to look like! Oops

You childhood dog is a Dachshund?!  I love those dogs! HeartDog Was it smooth-haired, wire-haired, or long-haired? Wondering What colors?  Last week I saw a black and tan long haired Dachshund at the vets!  She was beautiful! AngelHeart

Message 10 of 10 (4,215 Views)