Re: SIMS 4

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMS 4

★ Novice

Hi guys,

My old pc is no longer in use. I want to install the Sims 4 into my new pc using the CD. While installing, a message showed that the code has already been used.

Please kindly advise how can I install the game into my new pc. I really miss playing the game.

Appreciate your kind advise on this matter.

Thank you and wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Message 1 of 8 (523 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@belindachristy

Usually with this problem there is a 99% chance that you are logging in to the wrong account and 1% (or less) chance that you have been hacked.

Please try to reset the password to every possible email you have been using for the last years, and even try with emails of family members. If you are young your parents may have helped you create the account, so their email might have been the one used. (under 16 is considered a child by EA)

Worst case you can't find out which email/account the game is activated on, you need to contact EA support, and they're not working today because of Christmas day. But they still need to find the account to be able to help you. So try to list all the email addresses or possible account names you could have chosen, and also see if you can find the game code to any the games or expansions you have on Origin.

Then you can contact them tomorrow and see if they can help you.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100#M227888

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (666 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@belindachristy

Hi! If you played the game before then you previously made an EA/Origin account and activated it there. You need to log in to your old account and the games will be there. Try logging in using any old email addresses, or maybe your parents if they helped you set up your account. Your game will be in your Game Library when you log in!

Message 2 of 8 (507 Views)

★ Novice

It seems that I don't have the game in the account... What do I do? Frown

Message 3 of 8 (499 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@belindachristy

Usually with this problem there is a 99% chance that you are logging in to the wrong account and 1% (or less) chance that you have been hacked.

Please try to reset the password to every possible email you have been using for the last years, and even try with emails of family members. If you are young your parents may have helped you create the account, so their email might have been the one used. (under 16 is considered a child by EA)

Worst case you can't find out which email/account the game is activated on, you need to contact EA support, and they're not working today because of Christmas day. But they still need to find the account to be able to help you. So try to list all the email addresses or possible account names you could have chosen, and also see if you can find the game code to any the games or expansions you have on Origin.

Then you can contact them tomorrow and see if they can help you.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100#M227888

Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Message 4 of 8 (667 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks a lot! :D
Message 5 of 8 (462 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I believe you only have to download origin, sign in, and enable the shortcut. It worked for me, and hopefully it will work for you. To prevent putting the game on your friends’ accounts without them paying for it, you can only use the code once. I hope you had a Merry Christmas, and will have a happy New Year.
Message 6 of 8 (439 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how do I download CC???
Message 7 of 8 (402 Views)

Champion

@funtime91, if you are looking especially for CC then there are sites you can go to to get it. While I don't use CC any more, I used to with TS2 and TS3 (but it caused me problems in my TS3 game, so my TS4 game is vanilla).  We are not allowed to give links to these sites here, but you can always do a Google search.  Also, some of the items in the Gallery might have some CC or Mods included if you download a Household or building, but this way can be harder to get what you really are looking for. 

Just be sure that whenever the game is updated by EA, that CC and Mods can cause problems, even in areas that you wouldn't think would cause problems. So when there is an update from EA to TS4, then you need to check the site you got the CC or Mods from to see if they updated their items to work with the new coding, and this might mean you have to wait (or in some cases, the items never get updated).  If you do have problems after an update or new pack addition, then you will have to remove the Mods folder to see if the update is in conflict with your Mods or CC.  Then, you might have to add your Mods back slowly to find the culprit.  (I'm too lazy to do this, so I just avoid them! Embarrassed LOL Large smile )  That said, there are some really talented creators out there, so it can't hurt to look! Wink

Best of luck and Happy Simming!  Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 8 (393 Views)