SIMS 4 CC BUILD MODE ITEMS REMOVED?!

by breshonasinclair

Original Post

SIMS 4 CC BUILD MODE ITEMS REMOVED?!

★★★★★ Newbie

I've been playing with the Sims since the beginning of time and I'm pretty familiar when it comes to using CC (Custom Content) in my game. However, when I opened my game to proceed furnishing my family home I received a message stating that build/buy items had been removed. The message read "one or more items may not be installed on your computer or the EA account that is logged in does not own these items". I've been playing with this CC for awhile now, everything is up to date and was working just fine the last time I signed on to play. I'm careful when uploading CC and have never stolen or recreated any content from the gallery or any other internet sites. All of my CAS CC seems to be operating as normal, however "113 build mode items have been removed" as the message also states. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Message 1 of 8 (7,200 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 CC BUILD MODE ITEMS REMOVED?!

Champion

@breshonasinclair, while I don't use CC or Mods, but I know someone who knows a lot about them, so I'm tagging @Sashas0nic to help you! Wink

I hope she can help you get your CC back, because that must be maddening! DevilDisappointed

Best of luck! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (7,174 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @breshonasinclair & @PugLove888 

I noticed this s few times myself a long while back and figured it may have been connected to a lot that was perhaps built with older mods. Rarely happened, also didn't notice anything actually 'removed' though; nothing looked out of place to me.

Since then I use different programs to keep check on my mods, such as the Tray Importer to check on any mods and cc  used with lots and households. Also the Sims4Studio for its batch fixes.

More tips >> 

Spoiler

• Mods & cc are well known to cause various in-game issues please check for updates to them / where you found them; do this also > after any sims update or adding a game pack
    • I use Sims 4 Studio for batch fixes it solves a lot of problems in bulk (but not all.) It's also available for Mac.
    • Dimitry's Mod Conflict Detector at mod the sims is good too, (but only for Windows not Mac) - as you may have accidentally downloaded some Sims 3 / 2 items is not always going to be an obvious thing.. It will  detect duplicates and 'wrong game' cc.. and sorts it via highlighting in bright colors.

Also, LuniverSims Tray importer is handy for listing all cc used on a sim (or lot) if you have a lot of cc and it's hard to find, use that app (you'll need to do a search for it) you can search your sims (with the game also running) it will sometimes list the artist as well, so you may find they have updated it when you locate where they shared it in the first place. The Sims 4 Studio also lets you search all cc, therefore you can 'see' it, but is not 'per sim'.

tray importer - luniversims

example: it was also very handy for finding the 'mod cc' that was making a maxis lot come across as 'modded', so using that tool I found I can no longer use the mod for 'place appliances anywhere' as it now makes 'all appliances' appear as cc.  I sometimes want to share a lot to the gallery without cc, so had to remove it from my game, stumbling across it accidentally while in a Maxis made lot was handy. 

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 3 of 8 (7,157 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much, I appreciate your efforts!

Message 4 of 8 (7,139 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much, I appreciate your efforts!
Message 5 of 8 (7,134 Views)

Champion

@Sashas0nic, thank you for the info!  Angel

@breshonasinclair, I hope the info can help you!  Please update us on the results! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 8 (7,125 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I've seen this message too! I don't have about 5 packs, so when I DL something that with the packs I don't have, I get that message. And I don't deal with CC or mods either.
Message 7 of 8 (7,095 Views)

★ Apprentice

I ve seen this message today when I loaded my game.I don't have CC's or Mods and I can't figure out what build mode item is missing.

Tried repair the game still shows up.

Any clues guys and girls?

Message 8 of 8 (6,357 Views)