Rotate an entire house?

by AnnieBannanie2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rotate an entire house?

★★★★ Novice

Is there a way to rotate or move an entire house at once if you want to reposition it on a lot? The only thing I can figure out is to move each room individually and they don't always line up properly in the new position.

Message 1 of 6 (1,019 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rotate an entire house?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Just be careful about rotating the entire lot. Most lots aren't square. So, if you rotate the entire lot, anything that will end up outside the lot's boundaries will be deleted.

But you can always hit Ctrl-Z to move it back if it doesn't go right.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (929 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @AnnieBannanie2

You certainly can move or rotate your house in your lot. I often forget how to do it myself but here are the steps.

1. Go into Build Mode (F2)

2. In buildmode you will see a four-arrow pointed cross next to the bulldozer icon at the top. It will say Move Lot&House. You can click on this to select move house or lot OR simply press the "U" key in Buildmode. The effect is the same.

3. Now your whole house should be focused with all the walls up. Click on the house and you will see the move arrow or rotate buttons. Click the move arrow and your house floor outline will show green where you can move it. So long as you have space you can move it freely on the lot.

4. Click it into place and watch it move the whole house.

I hope this helps.

SHawk

Message 2 of 6 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Just be careful about rotating the entire lot. Most lots aren't square. So, if you rotate the entire lot, anything that will end up outside the lot's boundaries will be deleted.

But you can always hit Ctrl-Z to move it back if it doesn't go right.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 6 (930 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Psychotps me too
Message 4 of 6 (877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is there a way to rotate a house if it fits perfectly in the boundaries tho? i found a cute house in the library and i decided to js add all the furniture myself and make it like "my own version" but then i realisrf the door was on the wrong side but i cannot rotate is since, again, it fits perfectly in the lot and i also cant even move it. can i do a full 180 rotate at once?

Message 5 of 6 (245 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread has gotten a bit older now, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'd be happy to take a look with you Standard smile

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

solaire.png

Message 6 of 6 (242 Views)