Re: Roommate Race walkthrough - unlock your 3rd Sim

by SalixCat

Original Post

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure that you can still buy the slot, but not while the Roommate Race is still running.  

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 21 of 43 (2,742 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m currently on chapter 4/5 in the roommate race, and the last lengthy thing is the do the 3 long events. I can only have 1 sim do it as the only one is not being given ANY chance  for a long event. I tried career, I tried relationship, I tried hobby, they all say 1 hr or standard -_- I still have to do chapter 5 and only have 1 day...and it’s 8 pm. Any chance this is a glitch or the creators are doing this on purpose -_-

Message 22 of 43 (2,684 Views)

Depending on how far you are in a story (relationship, career or hobby) you'll see short, standard and long events. Do you have any relationship at a further level than level 2? Long events usually unlock at level 3 @Kristijulihanns .

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 23 of 43 (2,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I’m actually on level 10, with husband and 3 kids lol the long events were popping up like normal but now when it tells me to do 3 long events suddenly that option is not available 🤦🏼‍♀️ @Phantomlover1717  side question, does anybody know if the break time changes in amount of hours? One day I had 12 hours and another day I had almost 15 hrs until the next chapter opened 

Message 24 of 43 (2,670 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

@Kristijulihanns 

Could you please share screenshots of the relationships tab of your Sims and also a screenshot of the available event options you get when your two Sims interact?

This is how the roommate race works: a new chapter will be unlocked at the same time each day even if you haven't completed the previous chapters. The event that triggers the quest start is Discuss new housemate hunt. The 24 hour timer begins the moment the reward from the trigger quest step is collected.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 25 of 43 (2,652 Views)

★★ Novice

@SalixCat  This is one 

Message 26 of 43 (2,643 Views)

★★ Novice

I can’t show you the event options with this one cause I end up having to pay to unlock a sweet treat challenge that was 8 hours. Basically when tapping my 9/10 level significant other, it only gives me the 1 hr or 4 hr event

Message 27 of 43 (2,641 Views)

Hero

@Kristijulihanns 

Sorry the misunderstanding. What I mean as "events" are the hangout/shifts that you can have when making your sims interact in order to advance in a reationship story.  Nothing to do with the Sweet treat showdown.

I can see from your image that Scarlet is on level 9 of the Soulmates relationship. Have you noticed there is a chapter hangout event between chapters? In order to end chapter 9 and unlock chapter 10 your Sim will have to do a hangout that has the same duration as a standard hangout (3 to 4 hours). Then you  will be able to do short, standard and long hangouts again.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 28 of 43 (2,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My quest only goes for 3@a half days and it seems almost impossible to do unless you spend all your money and don’t sleep.

is there a trick to it?

Message 29 of 43 (2,467 Views)

@footballadict keep the social events within the household, that way they'll go a bit quicker. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 30 of 43 (2,445 Views)