Roommate Race Quest - Chapter 3 Step 5 - Scan Plants for Ants broken

by sassyrags

Original Post

Re: Roommate Race Quest

★ Novice

I noticed that too. I waited 2 hours but the 2nd look for ants task was not made available. I went to bed and it was available the next day. 

Message 21 of 33 (1,724 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update: One of those Simmer told me that it lasted more than 2h to investigate 2nd plant. Now - it works.

Message 22 of 33 (1,712 Views)

HALP I CANT CHECK FOR ANTS!

★★★★★ Newbie

i need to check for ants to open up a new a lot for a roommate and none of my houseplants are giving me the option to do so 😭.

Message 23 of 33 (1,683 Views)

Re: HALP I CANT CHECK FOR ANTS!

@hiturtle93 merged your post with an existing post on this issue. There is a cool down period of 2 hours after the action. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 24 of 33 (1,674 Views)

Loss of action

★★ Novice

in my quest, it says to tap on a houseplant and click the action to search for ants and the action is appearing. What do I do

Message 25 of 33 (1,647 Views)

Re: Loss of action

★★★★★ Newbie
Me too. I was able to complete the first “search for ants” action but it’s not showing up a second time.
Message 26 of 33 (1,630 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I totally agree. I spent hard earned cash only to find out that I need to wait the two hours anyway! Why is the stupid option available if the next action CANNOT BE completed right away. I’m annoyed to the nth degree and want my Simcash refunded! Hate the update!

Message 27 of 33 (1,651 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@4ycbrdnjikc1  information about duration of an action and cooldown is shown like this: 

ScanPlantsForAnts.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 28 of 33 (1,641 Views)

Re: Loss of action

Hero

@captainbirchbark 

@hannahadrielle 

There is a two hour cooldown. We can see information about duration of an action and cooldown before we start it. 

Here's an example: 

ScanPlantsForAnts.jpg

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 29 of 33 (1,616 Views)

Room Mate Race scan for Ants

★★★ Newbie

Hi all, 

i put put in a request for help from EA but really was only told to come here.

I’m trying to complete the quest for a 3rd playable sim. I am on the “search for ants” and I did it 1 of 2 times. It won’t give me the option to complete it a second time when I click on my houseplants. 

Anyone else having this issue. I’ve added some screenshots to help. The same ones on my ticket I submitted.

Message 30 of 33 (1,631 Views)