Roommate Option Won't Show Up

by ImmaRose1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Roommate Option Won't Show Up

★★★ Novice

I'm trying to dismiss sims and ask sims to be my roommate on my Discover University save but the "Roomates" option won't show up on the social menu. I'm using a PS4 to play.

Message 1 of 6 (2,816 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Roommate Option Won't Show Up

Champion

@ImmaRose1thank you for including a picture.  From your picture it looks like your Sim is in a dorm.  Dorms (and student housing) automatically assign roommates, so that is why you don't have the option to do it yourself.Wink  This especially makes sense in a dorm since dormmates are usually assigned in real life! Raised eyebrow

So the roommate system acts completely differently if you live on a residential lot and decide to have roommates, as you will post an ad for roommates and then meet potential ones so that you can screen them and choose the ones you want.  But no such luck in the dorms or in student housing! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,764 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@ImmaRose1thank you for including a picture.  From your picture it looks like your Sim is in a dorm.  Dorms (and student housing) automatically assign roommates, so that is why you don't have the option to do it yourself.Wink  This especially makes sense in a dorm since dormmates are usually assigned in real life! Raised eyebrow

So the roommate system acts completely differently if you live on a residential lot and decide to have roommates, as you will post an ad for roommates and then meet potential ones so that you can screen them and choose the ones you want.  But no such luck in the dorms or in student housing! Wink

Message 2 of 6 (2,765 Views)

★★★ Expert

@PugLove888 Oooooh thanks for that info! I am getting ready to move a Sim into University Housing for the first time and that roommate thing probably would have drove me crazy! xD

Message 3 of 6 (2,759 Views)

Champion

@RandomBuzziness, yes I can see how it would, especially if you had only been using roommates on the residential lots! Disappointed  Even though I never stayed in a dorm in real life, I had plenty of friends who did, and the greatest anxiety was expirienced in wating to see who your doormmate would be and if you would get along or not!  I found the Discover University dorms to mimic that aspect very well! Large smile 

You can still click on the beds and reassign them, but all the students in the dorm will still be chosen for you.  So if you have a really mean Sim sharing your dorm room, you can at least assign them to a bed on the opposite side of the dorm! Embarrassed

Message 4 of 6 (2,751 Views)

★★★ Novice

@PugLove888 thank you so much! I've been trying to get this to work for days.

Message 5 of 6 (2,723 Views)

Champion

@ImmaRose1, no problem! Wink Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 6 of 6 (2,709 Views)