Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Roommate Get Hype Error

by SianAF148

Original Post

Roommate Get Hype Error

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Tried to do a bug report but it wouldn't let me submit until I disabled my cc, test ran the game, and then clicked "Not now, I've disabled them."

I have MCCC installed and it caught the exception and I opened up the MCCC last exception file. I showed it to a Mod on the MCCC error support discord and they basically told me "Your save is doomed." So I'm here for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc opinion. Yes I use mods. And I have no idea what "Get hype" is in regards to roommates. All I know is that the game always freezes for between 10 and 30 seconds, and then both the game and MCCC kick out a last exception.

• Last Module Called: base_situation.py
  • Last Function Called: on_remove
  • Error message: Exception thrown while calling remove on Situation_RoommateNPC_Events_GetHype(522431999609798941) (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'give_rewards_to_npc'), CategoryID: base_situation:511

MCCC LE: file:///C:/Users/Sian/Documents/Electronic%20Arts/The%20Sims%204/Mods/MCCC/mc_lastexception.html

Sims 4 LE: (wouldn't let me upload file)

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>3ab073099288b95260a017fd</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2021-05-15 21:53:04</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.74.59.1030-1.200.000.502.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>base_situation.py:511</categoryid><desyncid>3ab073099288b95260a017fd</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception thrown while calling remove on Situation_RoommateNPC_Events_GetHype(522431999609798941) (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'give_rewards_to_npc')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 179, in wrapper&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 209, in c_api_server_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 481, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation.py", line 1317, in _situation_timed_out&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\base_situation.py", line 496, in _self_destruct&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_manager.py", line 872, in destroy_situation_by_id&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 205, in remove_id&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 157, in remove&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 275, in remove&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\situation_manager.py", line 825, in call_on_remove&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 329, in call_on_remove&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\situations\base_situation.py", line 511, in on_remove&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'give_rewards_to_npc'rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 376.94&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,98,47688&#13; &#10;Modded: True&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19042 GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics aticfx64.dll 27.20.21003.1028, GUID: D7B71EE2-569D-11CF-8877-A5F67EC2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Edit By Crinrict: Added Spoiler Tags

Message 1 of 15 (526 Views)

Re: Roommate Get Hype Error

★★ Expert

@SianAF148  I don't know if your save is doomed. But on a more pragmatic side, do you remember what happens in game when it freezes?

Have you read this bug report? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Buffs-and-Relationship-Loss-from-Busy-Roommates...

Message 2 of 15 (518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have no idea what happens before because I have no idea what "Roommate Get Hype" even refers to, but when it freezes, time stands still and so do all the sims but I can still move around the environment. Whilst its frozen I also can't create interactions, pause/slow down/speed up time, or delete actions.

Once the game pulls itself back together again, all I notice it do is generate a last exception (I get an MCCC notification saying so).

And no I haven't noticed the roommate moodlet. My sims always live in dorms or households I have full control over (no uncontrolled roomies) so I don't know.

Message 3 of 15 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@SianAF148  What is the issue you want to get fixed: that your game freezes? If so, does it do this often, and how often? Have you tried the common tips for troubleshooting posted in this forum: remove mods, clear cache, repair in origin, make a new folder, make sure that you meet recommended requirement?

With dorms, do you mean the lot assignment University Housing? Do you move your sim in with 7 other sims at the same time so that they are all controlled by you; or is this a feature of your mods? Have you tried in a test save to remove the mods to see if it happens without them?

I have not seen the action get hype, but I have experienced the roommate having a fight that never takes place, and it always creates a LE, but nothing else happens. What always leads up to it is my controlled sims in the same house as roommates, in a residential, or university housing, where my sims do not necessarily interact with eachother or the other sims/roommates, but they are in the same house at the same time, sometimes it lags a little, the sims don't react as fluid to orders, and then I get a notification about it/or the roommate is angry in gameplay, and later I find the LE. I have no mods.

So what I mean by my question is what do you do in gameplay just before the game freezes and the error occurs: are you in university, are your sims at home, are they socializing with eachother, are there any notifications, etc.

Message 4 of 15 (481 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What I want to fix is that there is an action that the game is unable to carry out, relating to roommates, which then causes the game to freeze for a period of time before resetting whatever is trying to do the "Roommate Get Hype" action.

I have no idea what this interaction may look like or what comes before. 

I use uni dorms. Uncontrollable sims refers to sims not in my active household (guests, roommates etc).

If not a fix, I just want to know if my save is doomed, or if that MCCC helper was over exaggerating 

Message 5 of 15 (448 Views)

★★ Expert

@SianAF148 Okey. My guess is that it is a bug with the game.
But to report a bug you need to test in a new save without mods and CC.
To click Me Too on an already made bug report you need to know what happens in game, that is, what your issue has in common with the information in the bug report; whether this is the linked one, or another.

Stop thinking about the LE for now, just answer these questions:

How often does it occur?
When does it occur?

Message 6 of 15 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

1) Often 

2) On uni dorm halls (Drake hall etc). I have no knowledge to be more specific though because I don't know what "roommate get hype" is or how to spot it.

Message 7 of 15 (435 Views)

★★ Expert

@SianAF148 Thank you.

How many sims are in your household?
Are they all enlisted in University?

Message 8 of 15 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

In one save I have 4 enrolled playable sims in one of the UBrite dorms.

In another I have 1.

There are other roommates so I assume they're all enrolled.

Message 9 of 15 (416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@SianAF148  Thank you.

Does your game freeze in households not in university or with no roommates, and give other error messages/LE's?

Edited for clarification.

Message 10 of 15 (413 Views)
Twitter Stream