Room assignments?

by Sapphir567

Original Post

Room assignments?

★★★★ Novice

I have the base game and I downloaded a few "apartments" from the gallery. I understand that they aren't real "apartments" in the sense that it's just one household. How do I assign rooms to the Sims? Like, get them to stay in their own "apartment" and not go into others' to use the bathroom, use the computer, or sleep?

Message 1 of 5 (1,474 Views)

Re: Room assignments?

★★★★★ Novice
@Sapphir567 what ive done is made sure that the bed in their potential room was assigned to them or even went as far as locking the main door for only that sim to be allowed to go through
Message 2 of 5 (1,460 Views)

★ Guide

@Sapphir567  Yeah @PLN1993 is right how to assign sims to their apartment, just click on door, setting will appear.  You can chose who enters your home, and you can also keep the vampires out now to!  By them not being able to trespass.  

Message 3 of 5 (1,454 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I can do this for each individual door within the home, not just the front door?

Message 4 of 5 (1,408 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sapphir567 Well, you can't assign rooms. You CAN assign beds though. You can also do as @PLN1993 mentioned and lock a room's door for everyone but a certain sim. I've never locked individual rooms unless it's a room I don't want townies going into.

Most of the time just assigning the bed is good enough.

However, if you're role playing and it's an "apartment" style build, Yea, I would lock the doors for everyone but the sims you want living in that "apartment". You might want to assign the bed also. JIC.
Message 5 of 5 (1,401 Views)