by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

Roof problem

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a roof on any room.
What happens when the bug occurs? The roof gets placed on the ground floor instead of on top of that particular room or tiles away from that room.
What do you expect to see? That roof on top of the house instead of through the wall or on the ground floor tiles away from that room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This was an Patch update from today 18-08-2020.

This issue did not happen till after the new game Patch today. I tried placing a roof on several lots but the same thing happened. Also restarted the game but still had the issue. 

I've been trying to go through several lots and this issue seems to occur on Umbrage Manor in Willow Creek and Hound's Head in Brindleton Bay.

Message 1 of 3 (340 Views)

Re: Roof problem

Hero

@Tiko19862 

I have seen this issue several times.  It has been going on for awhile so I'm pretty sure it wasn't caused by the latest patch (08 Aug 20).  The change happened in an earlier patch or pack.

The thing I have seen is if you are working on a multilevel build, you need to be on the level where the roof is supposed to go for it to place right.  If you are on a higher or lower level, the roofs tend to place on the level you are working on rather than the level where you want the roof to go.  So you have to make sure your are on the right level when you create the roof section.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3 (285 Views)

Re: Roof problem

★★★★ Expert

From a building point of view I think it is good that the placing of roofs are flexible, so as to maximize the use of them.

Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)