Re: Roof building question

by Rae_Regenbogen

Original Post

Roof building question

★★★★ Guide

Is it even possible to build a roof on this? I’ve been trying to figure out a way to build my “actual” house, but the triangular tiles that share the floor with the room inside seem to be making roofing over the porch impossible. Am I overlooking something, or is it really not possible to build a roof for this???

HAAALP, please.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 12 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen  you should be able to put a half hipped or a half gables roof there or really any roof, you just have to stretch it. You might want to place it on the ground first to give it the slope and size you want before placing it up there so it doesn't delete your windows when placed. Also, make sure you are on the same floor that you are placing the roof. 

You can place the roof through the room and the game won't show the roof on the inside so long as that's a full room there. 

Message 2 of 12 (419 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What do you mean by full room? It just keeps showing the roof through the wall when I try to place it. 😢

Message 3 of 12 (403 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen  Do you have a fence up there? Remove the fence and the clipping should stop.

Message 4 of 12 (401 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Oh, dang. I think I get what you are saying now. This room’s all messed up. Is there a way to make it all one room from this craziness?

Message 5 of 12 (397 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen  You can just pull the room out to where it's all lined up nice and then use the sledgehammer on any walls that didn't conform. You might need to move some furniture out of the way so they aren't deleted on some of the more weird pieces. It almost looks like you had a room there and then just deleted it by pressing the sell button? 

Message 6 of 12 (380 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have no idea what I did. Lol. I tried to fix it, but the room is so janky. I give up for now. I’ll try again tomorrow and let you know how it goes! Thank you for the help!

Message 7 of 12 (377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Well. I tried one more time. This is one room, right? Am I still wrong because the roof is still showing through the wall. 😭

Roofing is so dumb.

Message 8 of 12 (367 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Rae_Regenbogen  You can use the custom room tool to outline your whole room. Then redraw walls where you want them. You may want to just outline the whole second story using the custom room tool to make sure it's actually a room. The only reason the roof shows like that is of it isn't counting as a room. 

Message 9 of 12 (344 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Ah! Okay. I’ll try tomorrow. I feel frustrated by how dumb ceilings and roofs are, and my broken leg is hurting so I’m extra cranky. Lol. Fingers crossed I can somehow fix it in the morning.

Message 10 of 12 (336 Views)