Rocketship,pool water, toddler butterflies,light on trees.

by diopter77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Rocketship,pool water, toddler butterflies,light on trees.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Message 1 of 16 (1,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Rocketship,pool water, toddler butterflies,light on trees.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SheriGR  has my info on it and this is a open board.  Thank you once again. 

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (1,366 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@diopter77 I see that the time of day is different for all three pool images. Is the season the same? That can also make a difference. Is the resolution/graphics setting the same for all three? I'm wondering, by looking at the fencing, if you could check the graphics setting in the game and try it at 'ultra' setting and see if that makes a difference.

I tested in my game and found that the 'Pre-strung Tree of Lights' would turn off with room, but the 'Night Bright Butterflies' did stay on when I turned off the room lights. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior or not (if they are night lights, etc.)  I haven't used them before and I leave lights on all the time in my game. Are these two the lights you're referring to and is this the same or different from what's going on in your game?

Also, can I please ask when you began to notice these things (after a certain patch, etc.) and what platform (PC, Mac, Console) you're on, and if you have now or have ever had Mods/CC in your game. All of that information is helpful to us.

Please let us know your findings. New screenshots would also be helpful. Thanks!

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 16 (1,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

clean up

Message 3 of 16 (1,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@diopter77 

• The way to change to ultra settings in graphics is to go to Main Menu > Game Options > Graphics > Graphics Quality > then in the drop-down options please select "Ultra" and save.
  • I see from your answer that you're on PC. Thank you for that information.
  • I didn't see an answer to the question about if you have now or have ever had Mods/CC in your game. 
  • Is your game updated to the current version? 
  • Did you try a game repair (and update if the version is not current)?
  • Please click in the rooms/home that you are interested in having lights turn off in and make sure they're not on 'on' but are, rather, on 'auto' or 'off' or whatever behavior you're interested in either in the individual rooms or entire home. Then please see if the behavior of the lights is changed by this.

Also, when I just added the butterfly lights to a room in my game and turned lights off in the room this is what the butterfly lights then looked like on the wall. Is this different than what you see when doing that in your game?:

butterflies.jpg

Please let us know how this goes. Thank you!

Message 4 of 16 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

clean up

Message 5 of 16 (1,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@diopter77 

• Thank you for letting us know that you have not had any Mods or CC in this PC.
  • Can I also clarify something else.... did you copy your game saves from the old computer to this computer, or is this a different game on the current computer?
  • I'm glad to hear your water is more like you wanted after changing some settings. As you mentioned, changing the color of the floor tiles and wall tiles in a pool affects the color, as does changing the water color and adding lights on the side of the pool and above it/in the room.
  • Are you saying that your graphics are showing as you want them to now and that issue is solved? If not, please clarify. Thank you!
  • Were you able to get the lights to display as you wanted?

I'm curious about the fencing I see in the first photo. It seems to be displaying differently, so I wonder if this is a graphics issue/setting or perhaps something else causing an issue with the resolution for it, so perhaps I could have a look in my game to see if it looks the same. It is entirely possible it's just the screenshot or angle, but that's a thought.

If you're still having difficulties with these issues I would be happy to test the build in my game if you would upload it to the gallery calling it something like "Graphics Test" and let me know the exact name of the lot and if your name is the same in the gallery so I can find it.

EDIT: I've consulted with a couple of other helpers and have an additional couple of requests per directions:

• Do you have "laptop mode" enabled? If it is enabled please try disabling it and see if this helps with the graphics issues.
  • Can you please provide a DxDiag for your computer? 

– Directions for gathering a DxDiag for your computer: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

– Then you can attach the file to your reply on this post.

Message 6 of 16 (1,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

clean up

Message 7 of 16 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@diopter77 I'm so sorry about your headache!! Please take care of yourself! We look forward to hearing what you found out when trying the ideas, what improvements you see with your new graphics card, and to hearing the feedback and receiving the DxDiag.... Once you're feeling better. Take care! Fingers crossed

Message 8 of 16 (1,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

clean up

Message 9 of 16 (1,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@diopter77 Thank you for the new pics and the information.

Not sure if you saw my note about the following:

I've consulted with a couple of other helpers and have an additional couple of requests per directions:

• Do you have "laptop mode" enabled? If it is enabled please try disabling it and see if this helps with the graphics issues.
  • Can you please provide a DxDiag for your computer? 

– Directions for gathering a DxDiag for your computer: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

– Then you can attach the file to your reply on this post.

It sounds like there may be some issues on this specific lot. Can I also have you try the following: 

• Save this home to your library.
  • Place your home onto a different lot. See if the issues show when placed on a different lot, including if your butterfly lights work.
  • Can you also share that lot to the gallery per my previous directions so I could test it in my game?

Note: You will need to scroll down a bit in the Graphics Options window to see the 'Laptop Mode' option, which should be un-checked. You do not want laptop mode on/checked. Please see screenshot. Then save ('apply changes'), exit, and re-enter the game to see if this helped.
laptop-mode.jpg 

Message 10 of 16 (1,126 Views)