Re: Retired Sims have birthday icons?

by KaliFleur

Original Post

Retired Sims have birthday icons?

★★★★★ Expert

Today my two retired Sims have blue birthday icons above their heads. Does anyone know what happens to them if you click them? I thought your retired Sims were supposed to hang around the lot and you can have mentoring sessions with them. I don't have the maximum amount of Sims you can have, so I don't know what to think. I don't remember EA saying anything about this.

Message 1 of 8 (555 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Simfanatic08

Maybe they'll just age? What age are they now?

Message 2 of 8 (543 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Well, it doesn't age them. They completely leave the game!! They leave and the socialize button is greyed out. EA should tell what happens to your retired Sims. What I read was your retired Sims will still be seen around and you can socialize with them. I didn't know i was going to lose my family members forever.

Message 3 of 8 (538 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I agree. I only have 2 Sims and they are single, career driven and work 24/7 - haven't had the chance to build relationships or focus on finding a mate, especially with the Hot Tub event. I have a ton of tasks to complete but was told it was time to retire? I was lucky to learn you'll lose the ability to play the characters, which is sad. If I wasn't alerted beforehand, I would have agreed to retiring without knowing the meaning or repercussions. It is pretty vague. I believe there needs to be clarification on the retirement process to avoid disappointing any more players.
Message 4 of 8 (526 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yes, they really need to make it clear eventually your retired Sims are going to permanently leave the game, so essentially they Die!

Message 5 of 8 (512 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Just read your update on another post. I'm so sorry. Frown
Message 6 of 8 (509 Views)

★★★ Newbie
is this in Sims Mobile ???
Message 7 of 8 (454 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Yes